★ Chapter Three ★

Upon flying back home with the assistance of Benji, you found yourself in a flurry of thought regarding the strange man who had basically stolen your cake. As you glanced towards the direction from where the closed library was at, a look of vexation crossed your features. Musing over how on Earth he could have been so bold and daring.

It suddenly struck you who that tall stranger from the library could be—it was no other than Buddha. Your cheeks flushed with a simmering heat of embarrassment and rage. How could you have failed to recognize him? His well-worn apparel and familiar visage should have been a dead giveaway. After all, hadn't you studied the tales of Buddha in the archives?

"Did... Was that Buddha?!" Everything seemed to come together, making it seem like he was laughing at you with his face lighting up with life.

When landing your island, you were still angry over the day's events. The villagers sensed it and did their best to steer clear of you. You took out paper and pen to write a letter to Zeus, full of your indignation and displeasure at meeting Buddha earlier. You hoped that Zeus could sort out this mess and deal with Buddha.

Dear Zeus,

An infuriating occurrence transpired today. I encountered another deity at the archives, one perhaps familiar to you - Buddha. He was a bothersome being; he entered the archives and refused to depart, not heeding my warnings. He even had the audacity to name-call me.

Alas, it took the sacrifice of my freshly made chocolate cake for the god to leave. I fear he will visit again or he will blabber to the other gods about me.

Such a scary thought. Please talk to him.

Sincerely, (Y/n)

You rolled up the letter and sent it through the small machine box. It was an oval shape with a few glowing buttons and a small glass door, it was a message box. It materialized the letter into mini atoms and it beeps, signaling you it sent the message.

You paused, listening intently for the familiar chime of the machine. His message arrived quickly, and as you read his words a blazing heat filled you with rage. In response, you crumpled up the letter and cast it on top of a candle lit fire.

It was a sloppy smiley face, with its tongue sticking out and a crooked peace sign. Its message? "Nope!"

"That old man..." you huff, the fake smile of yours twitching as you watch the letter burn.

༺☆༻

A week flew by in a flurry of anticipation, as (Y/n) prepared herself for the upcoming party hosted by Zeus. She would much rather not attend, but it had been ages since she last attended a more formal event. Perhaps this time around she could actually enjoy herself—in secret of course.

She was adorned in a majestic gown of black and gold, the gradient gracefully cascading from her head to toe. A large hat with a transparent veil flowed down to her ankles, completing her ensemble. She completed the look with simple gold flats, black gloves, and an elegant black cloth mask that concealed her face.

 She completed the look with simple gold flats, black gloves, and an elegant black cloth mask that concealed her face