Ch 19

Arc 2.4- Sickly Student In Highschool

Zack glance at the female lead, Evelyn, reject the protagonist, Marvin. After this scene in the story, a couple of chapters will be fulled of chasing.

The next scene will be Marvin sending a thousand roses to Evelyn infront of the school gate tomorrow however Evelyn rejected him and went to find Xander to hang out with him.

Because of this, Marvin started annoying Xander.

In such an important moment, Zack has to be there.

...

It is lunch time.

Zack spotted his lover and happily skipped towards him. He sat down beside Xander.

"Hi." Zack spoke.

Xander was quite surprised to see Zack sitting beside him. Xander nodded his head and look down on his sandwich.

"Is that all you are eating?" Zack frowned after seeing the sandwich Xander's eating.

Xander nodded again making Zack agitated. Zack stood up from his chair and went to find Isaac.

Xander frowned at the sudden emptiness beside him.

A few minutes later, Zack went back to Xander with Isaac beside him. Isaac is carrying two trays. One of which has plenty of food and the other is just as bowl of porridge.

Zack sat beside Xander and motioned Isaac to place the two trays on the table before Isaac leaves.

Xander look up and frowned, confuse of the food infront of him.

"Have it." Zack smiled brightly as he push the tray full of food in front of Xander.

Xander's normally cold face turned confuse for a second before returning back to normal.

"No, it's okay." Xander declined in a hush voice.

"I insist! Take it as a gift for being my first friend!" Zack said before giving Xander a pair of chopsticks.

Xander wanted to decline but couldn't due to his hungry stomach.

The villain in this life isn't very well off. He always try to save money as much as possible so he resorted on having packed lunch but it still wasn't enough to fill his stomach.

Xander thanked Zack before accepting the meal.

Xander took a piece of meat and ate it making him hum in pleasure but when his eyes landed on Zack's porridge, he frowned.

'Why is he eating a bowl of porridge only? Did he pay a lot for my meal that he doesn't have enough to buy more?' Xander thought, making him feel so bad.

Zack noticed Xander's eyes and soon explained.

"I'm feeling unwell so I'm only eating this bowl of porridge. I'm not short of money from buying your meal, it's okay." Zack said as if he reading Xander's thought.

Xander was quite surprised by Zack's unexpected words and pursed his lips.

"Alright.. Have a nice meal." This is probably the longest sentence Xander had spoken towards Zack which made Zack happy.

"Enjoy your meal!" Zack happily replied.

...

Zack went back home in a happy mood. Once he entered the house, he is greeted by his anxious mother.

"Sweetie, how's school? Did you make friends?" Masam Ophelia asked as she watch Zack take off his school shoes.

"Yes, mom. It's quite enjoyable." Zack smiled brightly.

Madam Ophelia was caught quite off guard by her son's smile. It is probably the brightest she had seen him smile.

Because of the smile, madam Ophelia's mood also gotten better. All day, she had been worried for her son that she couldn't even focus on her usual work.

"That's great, sweetie. Why don't you go to your room and rest." Madam Ophelia smile back.

"Alright, mom. I'll meet you later at dinner then." Zack waved goodbye as he made his way to his room.

Madam Ophelia watch her son walk to his room with a warm smile.

"Maybe it's not that bad sending him to school.. He seems to really enjoy it." Madam Ophelia mutter with a smile.

...

"Staring from today on I, Marvin Hudson, am officially pursuing you, Evelyn Martinez!" Marvin handed Evelyn a bouquet of roses with a smile.

Evelyn look at the playboy infront of her, she felt proud in her heart but kept an uninterested look.

"Whatever." Evelyn rolled his eyes and ignored Marvin's bouquet of roses as she turned around and left.

The people around them whispered to each other. Marvin felt a bit embarrassed but still went after Evelyn.

"Wait! Evelyn!" Marvin shouted.

Evelyn ignored him with a slight smirk as she made her way to Xander, who is entering the school.

Zack saw this as soon as he arrive so he quickly made his way to Xander before the female lead could reach him.

"Hey, Goodmorning Xander." Zack said as he wrap his arm naturally around Xander's shoulder.

Xander froze as his ears slowly turned red. He felt his heart beating irregular but still kept his face serious.

"Morning." Xander surprisingly replied to Zack's greeting which made Zack in a happy mood.

Evelyn saw this scene and frowned. She immediately made her steps faster towards Xander.

"Hi-" Evelyn was about to greet Xander but Zack had already pulled Xander inside the school, leaving Evelyn dumbfounded.

"Evelyn!" At this time, Marvin had already caught up to her.

Evelyn is ready in a bad mood. She turned around to face Marvin and took the bouquet from him and went inside the school.

Marvin was surprised by this, a smile made his way to his face.

"She really is different.." Marvin sounded lovesick as he said this.

...

"Xander.."

"Xander...." Zack kept saying Xander's name as he watch the boy writing on his notebook.

"Xander.." Zack watch in amusement as the color of the boy's ears turned red.

Zack's hand slowly went up to rub Xander's head.

Xander flinch because of the sudden contact. His eyes widen as he felt Zack's warm hand rubbing his hair. He felt heat rush up to his face making him frown at this weird, unfamiliar feeling.

"You're so cold. Why are you not replying?" Zack laugh.

Xander didn't know what to reply so he could only look down and pray that Zack doesn't notice the blush the crept up to his cold face.

Zack noticed Xander's intention and laugh at the cuteness.

After removing his hand that was rubbing Xander's fluffy black hair he place his(Zack) head on the desk, resting it as he smiled sweetly towards Xander.

"You're cute when blushing like that." Xander's cold face cracked into an embarrassed one after hearing Zack's words.

"I'm not. It's just hot." Xander who always seems reserved when speaking suddenly spoke to make up a reason so it would lessen his embarrassment

"Okay, sure." Zack's eyes curved into a pretty eye smile as he nodded in Xander's reasoning.

Before they could continue their little chat, the teacher suddenly arrived.

...

To be continued..