09

CHAPTER NINE
WE'RE HAVING A BABY PLUS AN ENGAGEMENT

"Before we end our session today, Sasha do you want to share something with Michael?" The therapist, Dr. Jackie Pargo asked as she watched the couple hold hands.

Sasha takes a deep breath.

Sasha had confirmed her pregnancy with her doctor and she decided during their therapy session she would tell Michael the news because she didn't like keeping it a secret from Michael especially when they were working on being a good couple.

Being honest with each other is a major role in being a good couple. So, Sasha told her therapist and Dr. Jackie agreed to help her tell Michael.

"What do you have to tell me?" Michael asked Sasha, pleasantly surprised.

She spared glances at Michael while she fidgets with his fingers.

"I'm pregnant," Sasha answered.

The room was enveloped in silence.

Michael slunk back down on the couch, Sasha had tears running down her face. Dr. Jackie supplied her with a box of tissues.

Michael is filled with a bunch of emotions.

He went from a brief moment of shock and a bit of panic in his eyes, but he's quick to hide it behind a warm and loving smile as he pulls Sasha in his arms.

Don't get him wrong, he's happy to be having another child with Sasha, the idea of them being able to be a family together makes his heart race in all kinds of ways but he knows deep down that this unplanned pregnancy may cause issues.

"We're having a baby?" Michael asked Sasha.

"I know it's too soon, but are you okay with this?" Sasha asked Michael.

"I think we'll have to make Dr. Jackie our permanent therapist because this pregnancy is going to change everything," Michael answered, hiding his face into her neck and kissing it.

She shakes her head in agreement.

"How far along are you?" Michael asked her.

"Four weeks," Sasha answered.

"Congratulations, I know a pregnancy so soon in your relationship will cause challenges but I know that you two will put in the work," Dr. Jackie said.

They nod.

"Are you excited to be a father again, Michael?" Dr. Jackie asked him.

Michael smiles to himself, nodding.

"Super excited. I'm going to have to take care of two human beings for the rest of my life, and on top of that, I going to take care of her," Michael answered.

ARTICLE

Sasha Quintanilla shares the best — and worst — parts of motherhood

Sasha Quintanilla says she is discovering new life experiences with her son.

Sasha Quintanilla welcomed her first child two years ago, and she says that the most challenging aspect of motherhood is... "you can't just up, leave, and do whatever you want."

The former member of the Cheetah Girls told us: "The worst thing about motherhood would be it's not about you anymore like you can't just up, leave, and do whatever you want."

Sasha had a baby boy, Jamauri Jordan, who is nearly two years old with her boyfriend Michael B. Jordan.

Then again, "The best thing about motherhood is seeing the world through my child's eyes," she says. "I feel like even though I am going to be 36 this year, but I am zero years old because I have these new experiences with my child now. Just the smallest things that he discovers — from his toes to a toy — I am in awe of watching him grow up."