Chapter 2: Opening Up

Tanya's P.O.V

We headed towards the elevator which was only meant for the boss of Maxwell industries.
I then realised that I bumped into Trevor Maxwell  the  founder of Maxwell Industries. The thought of it sent shivers down my spine.

"Took you long enough" he said while pressing the button to the garage for Important people. I always wondered what that garage was used for if the important people never come.
"Huh", I said putting my thoughts aside.
"Took you long enough to realise who I am", he said.
I realised my mistake, I had spoken my thoughts out without realizing it.
"Oh yeah, I didn't pay much attention in Mr White's office", i said trying to divert the topic

"And to answer your question sweetheart, My family and I are the important people who use this garage" he said giving me his 100 dollar smile.
"Oh okay" I said as the awkwardness consumed me knowing how I literally embarrassed myself in front of him and his men

The elevator opened and they started walking towards their SUVs while I stood in the elevator.
"Mr Maxwell", I called for him. He turned and looked at me.
"How can I help you darling" he said with that smirk of his.
"Uuum, goodbye and thank you for saving me, I will find a way to repay you even though you have everything you need. I can even save up all my salaries to buy you a car though it's not much, it's the least I can do for you or what if--", I kept on bickering non-stop.

He walked up to me and engulfed my hand in his warm one. Sparks tingled in my stomach or butterflies I should say. I've never felt this way even with Luke.

"Sénora you do not need to do anything for me. But if you really want to repay me, you will come and work for me", he said
"What's the worst that could happen, I actually get to get away from the Mr White the pervert, but in other books I read the girls ends up getting abused at the new company", the thought kept coming to me.
"Are you debating whether to come with me or not?", he asked
I nodded my head in response
"It is completely safe for you because you will be working with me and I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you", he said to me with a reassuring look.

"Ok. I will work for you but what will my position be and when do I bring my resumè and started working", I asked feeling a bit workered up.
"Tomorrow is fine, be there by 10:00am don't be late. You will be working as my PA."
"Ok" is all I said.

"Come in the car so I can drop you off your house", he said to me.
"Oh no it's okay, no need to stress yourself, I can walk it's close by", I said looking down.
"Do you really want to walk in this weather ",  he said while pointing at the thunderstorm that would rain any moment.
I didn't realise that the weather was changing because I was too busy thinking about work stuff.
"Oh", is all I said.

I entered the car that he was in and I gave the driver my directions. We sat in awkward silence until I thought of breaking the silence but couldn't find the words.

He looked over and handed me his personal card with his home address and mobile number.
I gave him a questioning look to why he was giving me this

"Use this card to contact me when you change or mind about working for me and you will also need this card to come to my house when I work from home", he said in one breath

"Sure"  I said and ran inside my apartment before the water reached me. "What a day", I said changing into pj's and sitting on the couch with all my favorite snacks, watching my favourite tv show.

Sorry that this chapter is short