Six

❊𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓷  𝓪𝓼  𝔂𝓸𝓾  𝓰𝓸❊

Memory                                                                         English                                                                      Thoughts

Zaytxe's head couldn't seem to keep quiet throughout the entire morning, it was as if a voice at the back of her head made it their personal mission to remind her nonstop of how today would be the first time ever having the class she was so nervous yet still curious about. Maybe the fact that it was with Neteyam had caused these nerves, but why? 

'You just haven't been friends for that long, that's why, anyone would be nervous if the prior chief's son would have to teach you your favorite subject.'

Wait a minute.

The memory of Neteyam's friend's much younger voice was heard in her head through a very distant memory. The voice mocked her as she and Kiri passed near him and his friends.

"Oh hey, it's the obnoxious little airhead from the English class" He, Neteyam, and two other friends laughed tauntingly at the joke directed at one of the two girls. In all reality, Neteyam didn't even like those boys that much, he just started hanging out with them before they turned into a group of absolute dicks that found making fun of people funny; but now he felt like he was stuck in that group.

He noticed who they were talking about, Zaytxe: The girl that he always competed with. He always felt annoyed when he saw her, he guessed it came from the constant stress of always having to beat her at everything. He really only wanted to impress his father, and make him proud, but if Zaytxe won he wouldn't be number one anymore. Sometimes she won and he got so annoyed, but other times he would win and always look at her with a proud smirk.

She wasn't oblivious to the fact that none other than her best friend's brother hung out with the same boys that sometimes made her life impossible. But he got the prize for jackass that he deserved righteously after making every hunting or training day 10 times harder than it would've been had he not been such a skilled hunter.

"Don't mind them, I'll talk with my brother later on today and tell them to stop joking about that, it's not funny at all. I know how much you love learning" Kiri's soft voice calmed Zaytxe down as she tried to cancel out the loud boys. Being so young she hated talking back to people and starting a fight, she was not confident enough with herself. Yet. "I still don't know when they became such assholes"

"Okay, thanks" Zaytxe's answer was short but full of gratitude at her friend's actions. She knew how annoyed Kiri got any time she saw her brother hanging out with that specific group of boys. Kiri  knew Neteyam was a nice guy but simply followed them and laughed at their jokes, she could not wait for him to get out of that hole he was stuck in--