Seven

𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓮𝔂𝓮𝓼 𝓹𝓮𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓭

Axto flew through the sky as the two teens debated what they thought was the best way to tame an Ikran

Axto flew through the sky as the two teens debated what they thought was the best way to tame an Ikran. Neteyam had turned so that he faced Zaytxe, trusting Axto enough to guide them to their objective.

Their laughs joined the whistling sound of the wind once they remembered the many sticky situations the other hunters had gotten into when trying to tame their own Ikrans. Of course, Neteyam was known for being one of -if not- the youngest Na'vi to ever complete Iknimaya, but said rite of passage had also been completed by Zaytxe a couple of months later.

The two Na'vi held that day close to their heart, its importance evident not only spiritually but also within themselves as they had finally reached their true dream: becoming hunters. Zaytxe and Neteyam might've seemed very different at first sight when they were younger, but whoever was able to see through the veil caused by their constant bickering could know that they were simply two petals from the same flower.

"I'll never forget when Otsa almost got eaten by one because he forgot to use the banshee catcher" Neteyam's laughs almost didn't let him finish the sentence.

"How did he even get on the Ikran?" Zaytxe's hair was being pushed back by the wind, leaving her small earrings visible to Neteyam's curious gaze. His thoughts went back to try to remember if they were new but his own subconscious quickly cut it off 'They're definitely new'. Somehow he just knew, it's not like he looked at her that much when he was younger, and even if he did it was simply because she was passing by. No other reason. 

Without any thought Neteyam's hand impulsively went forward, toward the same ear that was adorned by various earrings. Some of them had natural elements on them like a feather or a shiny piece of something she had found left by the ruthless' human inventions. His fingers softly held a shiny small stone braided into a thread hanging on one of her earrings.

"You didn't have these before did you?" Their eyes now gazed into each other and Zaytxe could only hope that he didn't start inspecting her face because a faint blush had started to paint her features a soft pinkish color.

"I- erm- no, I'm pretty sure I did them when you were all away" She licked her lips nervously as he looked back at the earrings, a small smile displayed on his face. She looked down at his lips instinctively when she saw his eyes slightly crease because of his smile.

"They're pretty, I like them" His words caused her eyebrows to momentarily raise and her eyes to search for his gaze once again. Atxo had now resorted to simply gliding as he let the wind do the heavy work, the speed that the two teens went at had now reduced. The only sounds were the noises from the many creatures that habituated the forest and skies and the two Na'vi hunters' almost-silent breaths as they looked into each other's eyes.

"Thank you" Zaytxe's words expressed gratitude for Neteyam's honest compliment as her lips stretched into a grin, which had contagiously spread to Neteyam as well. His eyes paralleled a look she had seen before but just couldn't quite place it.