Eight

❊𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓼𝓴𝔂❊

A candle flame flickered in Zaytxe's room, serving as the only source of light, apart from the Pandoran bioluminescence that emanated around them; that could help her find Paywll, more specifically, Paywll leaves

A candle flame flickered in Zaytxe's room, serving as the only source of light, apart from the Pandoran bioluminescence that emanated around them; that could help her find Paywll, more specifically, Paywll leaves. These plants were known for their healing properties that the Na'vi commonly used to heal cuts and burns.

Neteyam's head turned to look at Zaytxe when she heard her whisper a triumphant "Yes!", making his lips unknowingly stretch into a smile as he tried to see what she brought back. 

"Are those Paywll leaves?" Asked Neteyam as he followed her with his gaze. She now sat down on the floor beside her bed, hunting knife in hand as she glided it down the leaf's blade, "Everyone knows that heals cuts"

She looked up at him, knife stopping as she raised her eyebrows, "Well it's you who messed up initially and came for my help so..." 

"Well, I'm just saying that Paywll leaves will only get rid of the cut itself, not what the other thing I put on it caused" He spoke in a matter-of-fact voice, making her roll her eyes as she showed him a bundle of herbs she had placed on her bed before-hand.

"I thought your know-it-all period finished after your dad embarrassed you in front of the class a few years ago" She smirked as she looked at him, raising her hand to take his arm and pull him down beside her, making him lean on her bed as he sat on the woven floor, "Now stay still, this might sting"

"Don't worry I'm pretty good with the whole pain-healing deal-" His words were cut off as he yelped in pain, voice louder than he expected as Zaytxe's eyes widened and her hand immediately covered his mouth. Her other hand raised, one finger held to her lips as she shushed him.

Never in a million years had he imagined himself being shushed by Zaytxe and not throwing back a couple of insults toward her. But now he stood incredibly still as he spoke, voice muffled, "Sorry"

Their breathing had stopped as they listened. Zaytxe's eyesight became blurry as she concentrated on her hearing, but Neteyam could only look forwards. His gaze rested on Zaytxe as if magnets came into play, moving his eyes magnetically unable to look another direction. In a matter of seconds, the realization of their proximity hit Neteyam like a truck.

Zaytxe's face was inches away from his, making her freckles stand out as they illuminated her features. Warmth spread along his face as a faint blush tainted his cheeks. After a few seconds, she released her hand, repeating the words he had said before, "Sorry"

Both teens looked anywhere but at each other, blush warming their features. The silence could be cut with a knife as Zaytxe took the piece of leaf and placed it again on the cut, before taking a couple of petals from a herb's flower and she offered them to him, "It'll help with the pain"