Mantra.

"You're going to be a great husband," I said as I flattened the front of his suit, having just attached the boutonnière by his suit pocket.

He sighed, unable to hold back the small smile from his lips. "I can't believe he even wants to marry me! He's so amazing, and I'm so..."

"Also amazing?" I finished, wearing a cheeky smile.

He chuckled, nodding in defeat.

I stepped back, admiring my best friend. "Yoongi, Hoseok is so unbelievably in love with you. I'm just glad you two are getting to tie the knot together."

Yoongi's eyes met mine, a solemn look in his face. "Yes, but you paid for most of this wedding. It should be for you and Taehyung."

I instantly shook my head. "Tae and I talked about it at depth. We don't want the hullabaloo of a huge wedding, when all we need in life is each other. We had no problems going to the courthouse this morning and making it official."

"At least our anniversaries will be easy to remember," Yoongi joked.

I giggled, nodding. "We should do a double date for our anniversaries each year! Celebrate both couples equally."

My best friend smiled, opening his mouth to speak when the door cracked open.

"Hey! Everyone ready in here? Wow, Yoongi you look incredible!"

"Thank you, Tae. Yes," he exhaled. "I'm ready to marry Hoseok."

•••

Seeing the smile on the couples' faces made me know I did the right thing. Using part of my inheritance to give my best friend the wedding he deserves? The feeling is priceless.

Hearing them say their I do's brought tears to my face, and as I squeezed Taehyung's hand and met his eyes as we followed the couple down the aisle, I knew it was all worth it.

The lifelong struggles of drugs, and a lack of self-identity and self-worth led me to where I am today: standing next to the loves of my life, my husband, my best friend, his new husband, even the newer additions to the friend group.

Namjoon and Seokjin traveled from their annual trip in Hawaii to attend the wedding.

Jimin just hit eight months of sobriety.

Last month, we welcomed a new member into the group. I immediately felt Taehyung tense up, eyes blinking rapidly as he squinted at the new member.

"J-J-Jisoo?" He whispered, the breath taken out of him. His fingers fiddled with the necklace around his neck.

She heard, shaking her head as she sat down in the empty chair. "No, my name is Jiwoo."

I later found out that she almost perfectly resembled Taehyung's sister, who had led him down the path of drugs.

They became fast friends, Jiwoo even being invited to the wedding last minute.

Standing here, glass of non-alcholic sparkling cider in my hand, I felt a sense of peace. A sense of belonging.

I'm a survivor. I did it, and even though my parents aren't around to see it, the people I love most are, and I can see their pride in their eyes anytime we make eye contact.

And every day when Yoongi insists on picking Taehyung and I up from our meeting, he still squeezes my hand, telling me he knew I could do it.

And every now and then I'll find myself whispering those words quietly to myself, like I am now. Like a mantra. Like a promise to the future me. A promise to my husband, my best friend, my new family.

"I did it."

The End.

•••••

This is the end of Rehab, with the exception of the Epilogue.

Like usual, I will be hosting Questions and Answers, which will be posted soon, so start thinking about those questions!