Agrylin.

Agrylin: this medication is used to reduce the elevated platelet count.

"So, Kook, how was the meeting?" Yoongi asked as he leaned against the wall next to me.

I shrugged, putting my newly-lighted cigarette between my lips. "Complete bullshit, as it always is. I'm starting to wonder if it's even worth the inheritance."

Yoongi scoffed. "All the drugs have ever done for you is fuck your life up. Why are you so okay with that?"

I took a drag, taking the cigarette out of my mouth and blowing the smoke in the air. "They help me forget." I offered my cigarette to Yoongi, only for him to shake his head.

"I'm trying to quit, remember? That hot guy at that dance studio hates smokers. I want to ask him on a date after I know I can live without the little smokies."

I chuckled harshly. "Suit yourself." I put the death stick between my lips again, watching my best friend scoff.

"You're killing yourself." He said bluntly.

All I did was shrug as a response before waving farewell, walking out of the alley and down the street.

•••••

"Taehyung-ah, thank you for joining us again!" Rose spoke, a little too enthusastically for my taste. "How are you doing?"

My eyes drifted to the newest member, and I felt my heart sink at his state. His eyes were red, and scratch marks were slightly visible surrounding his orbs. He appeared more agitated than the previous meeting: his legs bouncing up and down rapidly, his fingers moving quickly on top of his knees.

Taehyung sighed. "Uh, I, uh..."

"Those withdrawal symptoms just now starting to hit you?" I asked, unable to catch myself.

Taehyung's red eyes met mine, and he gave a small nod. "Y-Y-Yes." His anxious fingers scratched the inside of his elbows, where the obvious marks from the needles resided. I found myself scratching the same spot on my arm, only to find that the marks that used to litter my body were disappearing. I gave a small smile, only for my thoughts to be interrupted by Rose calling the meeting to order.

Throughout the meeting, my eyes continued to drift to the anxious male only a few seats away from me. His fingers now fidgeted with a necklace around his neck.

"Okay everyone. Let us close this meeting out in prayer," Rose stated, everyone clasping hands with the people on either side of them. I sighed, with a slight eye roll, and followed suit. Instead of closing my eyes, I admired Taehyung. The male was repeating the words with conviction, almost like a mantra to himself. He was intriguing to me.

The squeaking of chairs made me clear my throat, also standing up as people said hello to other people in the group. I followed my usual routine, leaving the room at the earliest point, only for a gentle hand to press against my bicep. I turned around, coming face to face with Taehyung.

"J-Jungkook, right?" His deep voice questioned.

I gave a slight nod, pulling out my phone to see three missed calls from Yoongi.

Taehyung scratched at his eyes, only to wince and force his fingers by his side. "I-I was wondering-"

"The scratching goes away after a few days. And if you put bandages over the tips it won't leave the scratch marks," I informed him, watching as his eyes lit up slowly.

"Oh. Oh! Good to know. Um, thank you for the tip." He smiled a large box smile, and my God that smile was contagious. I couldn't help but chuckle, shaking my head slightly.

"Look, I'm going to meet my friend, so was there something you needed or-?" I quirked up an eyebrow, feeling my phone vibrate again, Yoongi's name popping up on the screen.

Taehyung chewed on his lower lip, obviously wanting to say something, but choosing not to.

I scoffed. "Okay then. I'll see you next meeting, Taehyung." I turned around to start walking, hearing Taehyung sigh loudly behind me, but I stuck to my guns, going to meet Yoongi for our usual Wednesday night dinner.

••••

"Next thing I know, his number was in my phone. Ugh, you have no idea how I feel right now, Kook. I feel like I'm on cloud nine." Yoongi explained, his hands flailing wildly as he spoke.

"You're this worked up over receiving a phone number from, what was his name again? Horchata?"

"Hoseok, you ding dong!" Yoongi responded, flicking my forehead.

I flinched. "Shit, how does it hurt so much more when you flick than when I do? Teach me your ways, Yoongi-San."

Yoongi laughed, taking a sip of his coffee. "But seriously. You're laughing at me now, but once you meet someone whom catches your eye, you'll be acting the same damn way."

I shook my head, not believing any of what he just said. I chose to leave the subject alone, not wanting to ruin the mood, despite Yoongi constantly raving about the "hot male from the dance studio."

••••••