Cheerleader Blues

Layla                                     Nini

It was week three of the dance season. It was 7:30 am on a Monday and Robyn was sitting alone at the aldc front desk. Nini and Layla skipped school that day to get some early practice time in. They both complained about not wanting to go to school, so Robyn just let them come with her to the studio early that morning. While the girls worked with Abby and Gianna, Robyn took some time to help Abby with paperwork. It was no secret that the woman was one of the most disorganized businesswomen around.

After a few hours around 10 am, Abby emerged from the studio with a big grin on her face. Robyn chuckles. "What are you smiling about Abby?" "I'm very excited about this week. I prepared a solo for Layla to perform." "What!" Robyn smiled excitedly, nearly hopping out her seat. She didn't expect Layla to have a solo so early. "What made you decide to give her a solo this week?" "She's improving really well. Watching her in the trio, I wanted to see what she looked like on her own. If I'm honest, Mackenzie is more advanced than she is, but she'll get there. I want Layla to be on her A-game, so I'm going to give her extra privates this week."

Robyn nods. Agreeing that her daughter is not as advanced,but she's only five. She'll need some time to grow. "What's the style?" "Musical Theater." Abby answers. "I think she could pull it off and the dance I have planned is adorable. Here's the costume." Abby shows Robyn the costume she's ordering for Layla.
~

"Let's go girls!" Abby yells for the children to come into Studio A. It was 4:00pm and the rest of the girls were finally out of school. "Come on!" The girls all have a seat on the floor. While the girls were all dressed in proper Dancewear, Vivi came in dressed in a t-shirt.

"Vivianne, we're are your dance clothes?" Abby asked.
"In the car." The girl responded. Nini gave a confused look. Why would you come to dance without dance clothes? "You need to come dressed and ready to dance when you walk in the building." Abby tells the six year old.

"I wanna recap a little bit about the competition last week." The teacher starts. "Now...there are some things that went on that you maybe didn't know about." Abby points at Nia. "Your mom was upset about the costume." She points at Chloe. "And your mom was upset about the costume before you went on stage." She makes herself clear that she does not want it to happen again.
~

Robyn: It's not a surprise that we lost last week. The dance wasn't something that was appropriate for the girls and wasn't appropriate for the town we were dancing in. Other dancers were dressed and danced very conservatively and our girls didn't. Of course, Abby wouldn't take the blame, so she'll blame it on Holly and Christi.
~
"I want to congratulate Nini and Maddie for winning titles in their divisions!" The team claps. "Nini, I noticed you improved on your turns and I'm proud of you." The girl and her mom both smile with pride.

"Let's talk about what we're going to do this weekend." Abby begins talking about their plans for the week. "We're going to New Jersey and we're going to do an acrobatic/gymnastics routine."