Dying to Dance

Nini                                      Layla

Nini Layla

"Mom I can't find my jazz shoes! I'm looking everywhere, but I don't see them!" Nini yelled from her room as she frantically dug for her shoes

"Mom I can't find my jazz shoes! I'm looking everywhere, but I don't see them!" Nini yelled from her room as she frantically dug for her shoes. The contents of her dance bag was sprawled out around the floor and her room looked like a tornado hit it.

"It's probably in the messy room I asked you to clean last night!" Robyn yelled back to her as she sliced carrots in the kitchen. The mother was busy prepping early for dinner, since they were going to be home late that night.

"I would've done it if we got home earlier!" The ten year old said with sass. "You made us stop at the mall so you could go to Charlotte Russe." Robyn stops slicing. "You better not take that tone with me!" Nini responded with grumbles under her breath. "What was that? What you got to say?" The mom put a hand on her hip and poked the inside of her cheek with her tongue.

Nini, who didn't want to face the rath of her mom and her red Chinese slipper, quickly corrected her attitude. "I said, yes ma'am!"  Robyn nodded and continued cutting. "Thought so." The nerve of that child. She thought. "Make sure you hurry up! It's 2:45! Whether you have them shoes or not, we're leaving in fifteen minutes!" Luckily for Nini, her mother wasn't too mad at her attitude. She was in a good mood. Robyn knew pyramid was going to be good today. Her girls had success with the showcase and now had an agent on their side. Abby will be very pleased.

As the mother finished her prepping, Robert knocked on Nini's door as the child continued looking for her shoes. "Knock knock". "Come in!" She answered.  Robert came in with a grin. "Mom's cooking, so I'm on hair duty today!" He said proudly as he shows off the various hair products he brought in a hot pink caboodle. He managed to get Layla's bun perfect and was determined to do the same for Nini.

The girl paused her search and sat at her vanity. Robyn shampooed her hair the previous night, so her curly, waist length locks were now freshly cleaned and conditioned. After Robert spritzed her hair with a spray bottle, he began massaging in her usual curl custard and Carol's Daughter oil. He then carefully brushed through it with a denman brush, parted it down the side, and slicked it into a low ponytail. He then used edge control to make the edges as neat as possible, twisted the ponytail into a bun, and secured it with bobby pins. To finish off, he added a pale pink scrunchie over it.