Favorite Distraction

By Drunkmlem

"Harls"

"Hm?"

"Darling you've been staring." Ιvy replied with a soft chuckle not taking her eyes off her notes.

But how couldn't she?

Harley had been watching Ivy for the past hour. With her cheek pressed against her hand, nibbling from time to time a chocolate piece, she kept staring at her lover work. Ivy's lab was like a botanical garden, filled with different types of flowers, small trees and vines that curled at the big windows, decorating them. And in the middle of this jungle, of all the green, her red beauty popped out like a flower in bloom.

Ivy was wearing a green buttoned up silk shirt that Harley wondered for hours how it would feel between her fingertips. The redhead had to keep pulling up the sleeves though because they would fall from time to time, just like the soft strands that would fall on her face. The botanist would everytime brush the crimson strand behind her ear, fixing her ponytail that left her neck exposed. Harley's love marks had disappeared from it. Her outfit was completed with a black pencil tight skirt that her lover had seen her wear many times at her work. As Poison Ivy she didn't really need to follow the rules of dress code in her work, but she still wore from time to time her goggles, as well as her white coat.

That white coat...

Harley bit her lip, looking at Ivy's hands.

There was something so mesmerizing about Ivy. The way her red locks fell gracefully to her shoulders, the way she carried herself, or how her aroma could intoxicate and fill the room with thoughts of craving. She had those eyes. Thick, dark, green. Greener than the deepest jungle in the Amazon. Small vines decorated her pale skin and red sweet lips would stretch to a smirk. How she longed for those lips that were only for her to feel on her body.

"Ya don't like it? It's rare I'm that quiet and let ya work," The jester replied cockily with a smirk while she was sitting on the green sofa, one of the few pieces of furniture that was inside her lover's lab.

Ivy smiled, her eyes not moving from her notes.

She had noticed how Harley's curious eyes looked at her. The blue eyed demon hadn't let her from her sigh all this time she had been working. From the time Ivy tended her plants, pouring them water and checking their leaves, to now that she simply was writing notes. Yet the intensity of her wouldn't let her focus. When Ivy stopped to actually check what she wrote, she found herself unable to read her own handwriting. Her fingers would turn the pages of the notes. Again...and again.

And again. Focusing was impossible. But what made it even worse was when the girl from time to time would cut a piece from the chocolate bar she had in her pocket and eat it. Ivy looked at the side as the blonde placed the small chocolate piece near her lips and started to lick it and nibble it, like it was a lollipop. Who in their right mind would eat chocolate like this. Ivy fixed her shirt’s collar with her right hand, opening her neckline by unbuttoning her shirt slightly. She felt that soon it would be difficult to even breathe in the same room with her. How ironic. Who was the intoxicating flower here?

Yet the girl simply gazed at her, her eyes didn't waver from her prey. Though Ivy couldn't pinpoint where exactly Harley was looking.

The redhead pulled her sleeves up nervously. A few moments passed before finally the pink tongue stopped teasing the chocolate piece and white fingers placed it in the eager mouth with a satisfied hum. Ivy took a deep breath, closing her eyes tightly, like cold water had just fallen on her, finally relaxing. She felt just like the chocolate piece that melted against Harley. In a way she sympathized with it. The botanist straightened up. She turned her head to the blonde's direction and with a hum she responded: