Falling Down (Part 4)

Hello! It seems to me that my stories aren't popular anymore. And I'm okay with that. You, my small audience, are people I can trust to read this story. I will release a new chapter every week, and I will check over them multiple times. Also, this will be the final part of Falling Down! I spread it across four chapters for a reason that eludes me, but I'm sure that people will read this.

If you enjoy Saviour content, feel free to share your ideas! I would love to see what y'all come up with! Now, we continue where we left off with everyone's favourite princess, Princess Celestia!

Night was falling. The so-called 'Saviour' was yet to be captured. Princess Celestia had sent out search party after search party, but they had no luck. Sighing, Celestia held her head in her hooves. The door opened, and a group of guards carrying clothes trotted in.

"Your highness, we have found the things that the... creature... was wearing. It appears that this being discarded them to prevent being noticed." One guard said, and Celestia groaned in annoyance. "Where did you find them?" She asked, trying to think on where the Saviour might have gone to.

The guard was silent, before replying. "We found these near the edge of a forest. This being could have ran in, disposed of its garments, and kept going further." Dropping the outfit, the guards then bowed and walked out of the room. Celestia closed her eyes, sighed, and looked towards the window. Out to the cliffs, out to the Monument of Triumph. It had stayed there, long past the time it was supposed to have vanished for good.

The wheezing was faint, but it was audible still. Looking back, Celestia heard a thud behind her. Sharply turning around, was a pony in a tattered coat. The pony's fur was a shade of red, and the mane and tail were a crimson colour. It lifted it's head, and it's eyes glowed a soft cyan. "What?! Who are you? How did you enter this room?!" Celestia demanded, and the pony lifted a hoof.

"Listen, you must trust the Saviour. I cannot tell you why, but bad things are coming, and the Time Lord needs all the allies he... er... she can get." It said, in the voice of a stallion. The stallion walked back towards the wall, and he looked back. "Trust me, Princess Celestia. The universe needs the Saviour, and she needs you to trust her." He added, before jumping into the shadows, vanishing. Celestia watched the mysterious stallion vanish, and turned back.

Startled by the sudden appearance and disappearance, Celestia took in what the stallion had said: 'The universe needs the Saviour, and she needs you to trust her.' Those words rang in her head over and over, and Celestia began to move towards the Royal Canterlot Library. Upon arriving, she quickly isolated herself and started to use her magic to grab several scrolls. Celestia read through many of the historical scrolls, researching.

'Many run-ins with creature called The Saviour' caught her eye. Opening the scroll further, the princess gasped. The creature, or Time Lord, as she had called herself, had used the name of many, long dead creatures. Celestia then remembered something her brain had just dug up: The Saviour had helped stop Discord, the chaos god. She had also remembered rumours that a 'Time Lord' thing had helped form the foundation of Equestrian society. Finally, Celestia realised something important: she had seen this 'Saviour' when she banished her own sister to the moon.

There was a thud, and Celestia turned on the spot quickly. Two red eyes glared at her from the darkness, and the Phracrossa emerged from the shadows. Celestia stumbled backwards in fear, as the monster's tentacles pointed at her, and it laughed. "You are a fool, Celestia." It hissed, bearing its fangs towards the frightened princess. They were sharp, and venom dripped from them, onto Celestia's coat. The Phracrossa towered over her, its massive height forcing it to duck slightly in the room.