Part 2: I defeat Queen Dirt Face.... With a price

Italics-Ancient Greek
Bold-Latin

•Percy•

A couple hours before sunset, everyone was as good as new, thanks (not really) to the Gods. Though my ears will never recover from the amount of screams and squealing I heard when I announced Annabeth and I were engaged. Even Clarisse, Reyna, and Thalia and they never squeal, I mean never squeal. I even heard 'about time' s more than a couple of times. Athena just protested and said we were too young blah, blah, blah. I just rolled my eyes at her.

As we were putting on armor, Zeus made a speech about thanks for saving their butts, our bravery in holding our ground, condolences for our losses (As if they care. If they did they would have been here earlier.) Then they gave me a chance to speak (more like forced me [It's supposed to be honorary, they insisted])

"All right! Today may be last day of this war... It took from us our brothers, sister, family, best friends, pets... But they wouldn't want to have died in vain. They would want for us to defeat the evil that took them from us! They're probably in the Elysium saying 'I died?! Awww come on! I wanted to kick Gaea's stupid behind to Tartarus!" Laughs erupted.

"Lots of people have left us, just because of war. Or it's prebattles. Bianca, Zoë, Lee, Castor..." It pained me to say their names, all their deaths have been my fault. But I needed to give them morale.

"Beckendorf, Michael, Silena, Leneus, Ethan, Luke... All of them wouldn't want have wanted us to mope around. Giving up what they died fighting for! It's time to show them that they can't just take away our loved ones away, without us paying revenge for what they did!"

"We fight for our family! For our fallen comrades! For our future!" They echoed my shout "FOR FAMILY!!! FOR OUR FALLEN COMRADES!!! FOR OUR FUTURE!!!"

Annabeth came up on stage and kissed me. "Nice speech Seaweed Brain, you rallied them up and they're hungry for vengeance on their family's deaths. With this kind if work you'll surely put me out of business." She whispered in my ear.

"You know that just came at the top of my head, if I were to write it down first I would have made a mistake every sentence then." I whispered back. We chuckled.

I hopped down the stage (Did I mention that? If I didn't, you know now). We ran through some more, battle plans and strategies.

Then we heard our cue: the conch horn blowing three times.

We assembled our lines. Veterans with more war experience at the front, and new-timers at the back. Half the archers at the back, the others at the front. Most of the healers were going to be rising pegasi. Collecting wounded and bringing them to the infirmary, with Apollo waiting. We had a shield wall at the front lines, ready with leveled javelins and spears. I was at the middle of the front line, shield at the ready.

"Arrows...Aim...Fire!" The archers shot their first volley of arrows.

"Fire!" The second volley was javelins, the third were spears. The weapons disintegrated the monsters left at the front line. Now only giants remain.

"Plan A-4 everybody! Plan Omega! Front line: Lock shields. Swords at the ready..... NOW!!!!!" The second line vaulted over the first line and charged at the enemy. While we were launching the volleys, the Gods snuck up behind the army and surprised the Giants.

The line that charged at the enemy was supposed to head for the Giants. And the others were supposed to take care of the remaining monsters.

Lou Ellen now battled Clytius, with Hecate and older siblings.

Nico and Hades had shadow-travelled Alcyoneus to another place, preferably for his death not a vacation.

Pollux led a few of his brothers to fight Ephialtes along side Dionysus.