A Death Eater Saves Me

°Harry°

"Well, that was useless. We didn't even meet his family, and stuff." I complained
"We'll come back another day Harry. This day is hard for his father's side of the family." Dumbledore calmly explained.
"Why did a war kill his loved ones?" I retorted snarkily. Dumbledore didn't answer this time.
"Wait-" I began
"It'd be best if you ask him, yourself when you meet him Harry. However since we are in New York and we cannot follow our past itenerary; I would like to go sight seeing in New York." The others woke up at this
Remus, wanted to sniff out werewolves, and Sirius also wanted to go sightseeing. But me? I wanted to take a walk alone at a peaceful park, where no dementor can "kiss me". I told them this, and they were reluctant about the "alone" thing, but nevertheless they let me go. I agreed to be back at the hotel in an hour and a half.

I took the worn out path, and started accounting what happened today.
-We met two people who are very suspicious
-They seem to know Voldemort's grandson making them even nore suspicious
-Dumbledore knows those people
-Those people knew Dumbledore
-One of them knew Remus was a werewolf, and that Sirius was a shapeshifter
-The girl was glowing, and was a lieutenant or something
-That goth boy had a tattoo on his forearm. I'd bet my Firebolt that was the Dark Mark!
-Dumbledore knows how to speak Ancient Zeek, or something
-Dumbledore knows something we don't.

I rewinded that last thought and decided, it was stupid. Of course he knows something we don't! He's Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore for god's sake!

I kicked a stone in annoyance, it hit a tree. And I don't know if by coincidence or not but once I passed the tree. An acorn dropped on my head.
"Bloody hell!" I looked up, just in time for another to hit my forehead. "Owww! Is anyone there?"

"You know you shouldn't kick rocks at the trees. Nature tends to fight back" An amused tone said while stepping from behind the tree, and giving me a good look at him.

He was thin, a bit too thin, but more lean. He had windswept black hair, like he just came from the beach. He had a natural tan, not like those fake tans you see people have. But his eyes were green, vibrant sea green in fact; they were unreadable though, and guarded. He wore a grey shirt under a leather jacket, with jeans and converse. And most importantly he gave away this kind of aura, I couldn't identify it though...

"And who are you?" I asked with a slight glare. Instead of answering my question he replied with a question of his own.

"You're not a regular mortal are you?" I froze. How could he know? Is he like that goth boy we saw earlier? Is he a Death Eater? It would explain the clothes and his dark aura. Then I realized he said 'mortal', not muggle.

I retaliated with "You aren't a normal muggle either are you?" He shrugged

"Takes one to know one, right?" He was too calm, it was unnerving me.

"You never answered my question mate, who're you?" Applying a bit of force behind my words. He took it in stride avoiding the question.

"Mate, huh? You're a brit? Of course there's slim chances you aren't but judging from your accent you probably are..."

"Yes, I'm british. What's it to a street rat like you?" Okay that rat part was a low blow. I wasn't getting anywhere near to figuring out his name, and he was fishing information from me faster than you can say 'quidditch'.

"If I look this decent, and this much polite. I wouldn't classify myself as a street rat now would I? So if I'm a street rat in this state, you must have high standards; so are you part of an rich, degrading family, that earned their money showing magic tricks?" Though the magic part was a bit sarcastic it was enough for me to know this wouldn't end well, and I should leave the conversation now.