Chapter 18: Consequence

Third Person POV

After the incident, the casts returned to their work. But they didn't know that, the episode was released.

Many hate reached to akane, she was pressured. To the point, where she was unable to return filming.

After the episode was released, many commented on the show's post. And was saying horrible things to akane.

Such as,

Hoshibear @Hoshibear22
Why can't you just stay the bottom feeder that you are? You could have just been a background character. But you somehow messed up something so simple! #LoveNow

Akane reads through, hundreds and hundreds of hate comment.

The pressure was too much, especially for someone as young as akane.

Each time she ate with her mother, her mother always voices her concerns. But akane just tells her mother that "everything is fine".

But her mother still has doubts. But didn't pressed on much more.

She tried apologizing for her mistakes. But it turns out, it just added a fuel to the flames.

AkaneKurokawa @AkaneKurokawa
I have been recieving a lot of feedback about what happened. I'm very sorry,

A simple apology, a trick that has a huge success rate of being forgiven. If you're apologizing in person.

But if it's in the internet? It's a different scenario...

A comment appears below the post of akane.

SnakeSneakers @Snek0099
A simple apology won't cut it, how about quitting the show~?

After akane, reads the comment, another one popped up.

Sneakovsjesus @FranderClutz
How stupid can you be? Do you really think an apology will make you get away from everything? You're exactly the reason humanity is failing...

After reading the second one, more comments was popping up each second.

And all of it was hate comments.

Akane remembered, mem-cho said that apologizing was a double-edge sword.

~Flashback~

Akane's POV

" Can you give me any advice on how to lessen the hate? I know you faced the same thing I'm currently facing.... " I asked, mem-cho.

She was a YouTuber, so being a YouTuber. She always faces hates everyday.

" Well, all I can tell you is by properly apologizing akane-chan... " Mem-cho said. " By apologizing properly.... There's a chance that you're going to be forgiven slowly... "

Akane face lit up, but it returned to being darkened after mem-cho added.

" But... There's also a chance, that by apologizing... You're going to be more hated than before you have given your apology... " Mem-cho finished.

~Back to present~

It failed....

When I gave my apology, the hate became even more harsher and harsher each day.

Such as...

Bronya fan @Bforlife
Are you still alive~? Haven't seen you in the latest episode of loveNow~ if you are dead then... That's reassuring...