Chapter Twenty Four: Heading to Automation

24. Heading to Automation

5-13-2023

A/N: Next couple chapters after this is solely for you and Senku's development! I'm super excited to share them with you.

(*≧∀≦)人(≧∀≦*)♪

Q: Are you guys still in school or are you finished?

-----

"This cotton candy is fluffy enough to melt on the tongue, and yet it has a granular texture to it."

"Agreed! This inconsistency in the fibers reveals a disharmony with the flavor!"

You were off to the side, holding in a laugh as Senku, Gen, and Ginro were swept away in a Nori-Tsukkomi skit. Even the rest of the villagers seemed to be into it, though it was strange enough for them to understand it.

"Ugh, I'll try harder next time, I swear!" Ginro cried on his knees. He then stood up and screamed, "AS IF! I got switched right into a Nori-Tsukkomi sketch comedy bit, but who the hell cares about flavor harmony in cotton candy?!"

Gen had a smirk on his face. "These people know the term Nori-Tsukkomi? Did it show up in the Hundred Tales, perhaps?"

"You can blame my dumb, old man, then," Senku replied.

"Why are we goofing around if Tsukasa's army is gonna show up?! He's gonna come before we finish making cell phones!" Ginro cried with tears in his eyes.

"Calm down, Ginro," you told him. "This is a very serious issue, and we have enough time because he's not gonna come right this instant."

The scientist nodded. "Exactly. We have only a few months before he comes, and that's when he's gonna make his all-out attack. Now, what's your take, mentalist?"

"Hmm, I'll try thinking like Tsukasa-chan then..." he closed his eyes and you could imagine him shifting into the primate himself. He spoke in the warrior's voice, "'We control the revival fluid, so our strength only grows as time passes. But Senku is no ordinary foe. Give him too much time, and he'll start producing gunpowder again.'"

"Oi, that impression's a little too good..." Senku said with sweat dripping down his temples.

You added to the conversation, "Winter is also approaching, so we need to stock up before it gets too cold. Plus, since the village is surrounded by water, it'll freeze over, and they won't be able to attack us then. Which is why they will try to attack when spring is here."

Kohaku and Chrome widened their eyes. "Are Taiju and Yuzuriha gonna last that long?! Won't they be killed?!"

"We're not worried. To the enemy, those two are potential hostages, so they won't hurt them," Senku said with a smile, then started chuckling. "Don't you get it? The rules of this game are pretty darn simple. In order to crush Tsukasa, we're gonna make these cellphones, and the inconsistency to the cotton candy is a serious issue."

"Because if the cotton candy is lumpy, then the gold wire we need will be too," you finished.

"Yup. Before throwing in the gold, we gotta pin down the cause of imperfections," the scientist informed them.

Chrome had a grin on his face. "Awesome! It's a good thing we test with the cotton candy first."

The brothers went back to pulling the rope to create the cotton candy. You noticed that it was be even when it's going in one direction, but the moment they go the other way, it slows down. Even Chrome had noticed it, and he yelled when he pointed it out