Chapter 15

"Madamsir, are you really going to marry Amar?" Karishma Singh furiously strode to Haseena's desk and almost yelled at her. But then remembering it was Haseena, controlled her voice.

"Of course, not!" Sometimes Haseena felt as if Karishma was a possessive boyfriend to her who was right now very jealous thinking that she'll marry someone else.

"You're not lying, right?"

"Karishma Singh..." Haseena stretched her words complaining of her possessiveness, "What would go wrong if I marry him? I mean, he seems like a nice guy." Suddenly, Haseena thought to tease her, "You're being possessive as if you are my boyfriend."

To which Karishma scratched the back of her head with a sheepish smile, "I was just..."

"Trying to be my boyfriend?" Haseena finished Karishma's words before she could complete herself. Then burst out laughing looking at Karishma's expressions. And was soon joined by Karishma.

"Madamsir..." She whined, then laughed, "I was just... concerned. You can't just get married to anyone! After all, you're The Haseena Mallik, we have to find you someone who deserves you. Someone as special as you are!"

"So, you think, Mr Amar does not deserve to have me as his wife?" Haseena suddenly switched to a serious tone.

"No, it is not like that. I mean, he's a nice guy but I'm not sure if he'd be a good husband to you. What if he's just taking advantage of your situation and making you marry him, so that once you're his wife he could just force you to hand him the police station? Just like he had planned to get you married off so that you get busy in your wedding and he could win over the competition easily."

"I don't think he would do that. Moreover, that wasn't his plan to get me married off, it was Mr Diwan's and a very foolish plan I must say."

"That Diwan is a vamp as they show in the typical TV serials. Where else could he get such filthy ideas from!" Haseena giggled at her comment.

...

"Diwan Ji, please, stop it!" Amar exclaimed. It was getting on his nerves when Mr Diwan kept nagging about Amar marrying Haseena Mallik, "And what is so wrong in me marrying Haseena?! Even if I search the half of the world I won't find a girl better than Haseena. She's... She looks very pretty. She's well-educated and has all the qualities to be a wife. Then what's making you think she's not worth being my wife?!"

"Sir, are you that much in love with her?" The question took Amar by surprise.

"I... I don't love her. But I can't say I don't like her. I like her but not like a guy likes a girl. It's just... You know, she's nice. I mean, a nice person. She's a nice person to spend your life with."

"Sir, I'm just not getting what are you saying... But I know that Ms Haseena is a really nice girl and I didn't say she's not worth being your wife. I'm just asking if you don't love her then why marry her?"

"Diwan Ji, please, I like her enough to marry her. And we're getting engaged tomorrow." Amar declared not revealing the rest of the to him for Mr Diwan won't think twice before revealing everything to his and Haseena's family.

"But what about Bunty? Will he approve her? Wouldn't Ms Haseena have any problems with it?"

"Why would Haseena have any problems with it?"

"You should ask her that. I mean, who knows if she would accept your son or not? But don't you think Bunty's opinion matters the most?"

"He loves Haseena. He said if it wasn't me, he was going to marry her once grown up." Amar chuckled.