Chapter 19

"Idea!" Exclaimed Amar drawing the attention of both ladies, "What if one of us gets kidnapped?" Amar revealed his idea looking at the curious faces of the two.

"Are you kidding?!" Exclaimed Karishma.

"No, I'm not! Think about it. Both Haseena and I are not in a situation to run away. But if one of us gets kidnapped then how would the wedding take place without the bride or the groom?"

"Amar Vidrohi, have you forgotten that we are police officers? First of all, we can't get kidnapped whenever we want. It is not a child's play. Moreover, who do you think would dare to kidnap one of us?!" Haseena tried to convey how illogical the idea was.

"We're not teenagers, sir!" Taunted Karishma, "So, stop thinking like teenagers."

"You don't understand!" Amar whined once again earning a death glare from Haseena, "I'm not talking about getting abducted for real. Who would get themselves abducted? I was trying to say, what if one of us hides away for some days and we tell the families that we've been kidnapped? It would at least buy us some more time..."

"And what after that?" Haseena was now really irritated by his childish ideas, "After running around the circle, we will get back to zero! The families will again plan the wedding. And we would have to once again go with the whole drama!" Haseena made sense. And Amar realized his stupid idea wasn't going to work.

Later at night,

Amar left the police station much later than the time he ought to leave. He did it intentionally because he was sick of the wedding preparations and all the talk regarding the wedding. Though he had asked Haseena for marriage. But at that time he was thinking emotionally for he had made a promise to her mother. Later when he could think logically he knew that he didn't want to marry Haseena.

She was perfect to be his wife. But the thing is he didn't want to get married. And after whatever has been happening, he decided, he would never get married ever in his life.

Dwelling in his thoughts, Amar drove his car at normal speed but suddenly got startled when the car stopped with a jolt for the tyres got punctured. He jumped out of the car when realized it was a trap looking at the nails scattered around the road. All four tyres were punctured. Before he could do anything or react a force held him from behind holding a chloroform-soaked cloth against his nose. Soon, he went unconscious.

The next morning,

Everyone reached the police station and started with their daily chores. It was almost afternoon but when Amar still did not appear, Mr Diwan dialled to his home and got to know Amar haven't returned home since last night. And rushed to Haseena's cabin.

"Ms Haseena! Ms Haseena!" Mr Diwan panicked.

"What happened? Is everything alright?" Haseena asked concerned that it has to be something really bad to make Mr Diwan panic.

"Ma'am, do you know where Amar sir went? If you do then please tell me!"

"What are you talking about? How would I know where he went? He must've gone somewhere." Haseena answered neglectfully.

"Ms Haseena, he hasn't returned home since last night!"

"What?!" Haseena exclaimed, "He must have been gone to some friend's or somewhere else." Haseena tried to reason but even felt a little uneasy with Amar's sudden disappearance.

"Ma'am, do you think he is so irresponsible that he wouldn't inform anybody if he had to go to his friend's?" Mr Diwan wasn't wrong Amar couldn't be that irresponsible.

Is he trying to implement his plan? Thought Haseena.

Then furiously strode out of her cabin and went to Santosh, "Santosh Sharma, trace Amar's location."