Chapter 16

"So?" Haseena's eyes daggered at Amar. Amar couldn't tell if he have seen Haseena this angry ever before. Even Haseena could tell she had never been this angry ever in her life.

"So...?" Amar hesitated as he didn't know what to say or how to fix what was done.

"What next?" Haseena's anger fueled seeing Amar's delinquency.

"We'll get a divorce...?" Even he wasn't sure if he was telling or asking. Haseena felt like slapping him on his face but instead buried her face into her palms.

...

"I don't believe this! This has happened for real! Ms Haseena said she wasn't going to marry him and now we're just coming home after attending their wedding!" Karishma couldn't get over complaining about Haseena and Amar's marriage.

"Karishma... Calm down." Said her husband, "I understand your concern but they did it because they wanted it. Ms Haseena married Mr Amar willingly."

"You don't know anything, Anirudh." And it took to his attention that she addressed him by his name which she only does when she's really pissed off.

"Just let them be. I'm sure, they'll make a great couple."

"And I'm sure, they won't!" Spat Karishma, "Have you ever seen them together up and close? They fight like cats and dogs. They look like they're going to kill each other every time they're together."

"Karishma, you're being paranoid. They'll be fine. And if it doesn't work out they'll get a divorce." Anirudh spoke now irritated by Karishma's exaggerated presumptions.

"Maybe you're right...? I don't know..."

"Just calm down." Said Anirudh holding onto the shoulders of his wife gently pressing her shoulders to help her relax.

Karishma closed her eyes remembering everything from the day before Haseena and Amar's engagement,

Flashback

"Please, don't reach any conclusions! You don't have to tell me her size just help me shop for her!" Amar immediately clarified his intentions for asking Haseena's clothing size as he could clearly see Karishma misunderstood him.

"Haven't you done the shopping that day?" Karishma asked restarting the car.

"Yes, we did. But according to my family tradition, I have to buy her clothes to give as a gift during the engagement. And that day, Haseena didn't let me pay for anything she had bought for herself... Nor will she let me pay today if I ask her to come along. I don't know for what reason but it has to be from me."

"Hmm... I don't understand how am I supposed to trust you, Amar Vidrohi Ji! You first assured me that you're going to reveal everything to the families and then the next moment, you're asking me to help you buy clothes for Ms Haseena to give her as a gift during the engagement ceremony. What are you trying to do?!"

"Karishma Singh... I just... We would have to get engaged!" Amar exclaimed, "And believe me, I will tell the truth to my family before they get me and Haseena married." Karishma only shook her head for she now couldn't figure out whether to trust his words or not.

After they had reached the police station Haseena and Amar had a huge conflict,

"Mr Amar, this is not happening!" Exclaimed Haseena.

"I'm too pressurized, Haseena. Even you couldn't tell this to your mother. What can we do?" Amar furiously pressed his temples, "Let's just get engaged. Maybe after that, we would stall the wedding and buy some more time."

"But, Amar, we've already lied enough to them. I don't want to do a fake engagement now!" Karishma silently stood and heard their arguments.

But before the argument could reach a point where one or the other could get hurt Haseena's mother arrived out of nowhere,