9: Rather Stay Naive, Too Much to Believe

Blondie wasn't one for sleeping easily, not after everything she was put through. But she did manage to get four hours of sleep before waking up and stumbling around the apartment full of curiosity. She felt like shit after eating as much as she and Lia did the night before. But she had no regrets about it whatsoever.

After repeating rounds around the apartment like a house cat, she stopped in the living room, where she and Lia fell asleep. Lia laid on her side on the couch, her small face was cute even as she slept.

Blondie watched her, her heart fluttering, chest pumping. She had an intrusive thought when thinking back to what Lia said in the diner they went to. About her life now being hers. Did it mean that Blondie could kill her if she wanted to? Did Lia really mean it when she said that Blondie could kill her if she wanted? Would Blondie even have the guts to do that?

She wrapped her hands gently around Lia's neck, thinking that she could do it because she's already taken a life. Taking another means nothing now.

Staring at her peaceful face, it lit up with golden rays from the sun beaming through the tall living room windows. It distracted Blondie, she slowly turned her head to glancing back at the sunrise starting and she was running out of time to draw it.

She looked back at Lia, removing her hands and sighing. She straightened her robe and went to get her drawing supplies from her bag. She came back with her small sketchbook, pencil, and set of colored pencils.

Today's sunrise was not as beautiful as yesterday in Blondie's opinion. But nonetheless she copied it down on the paper. From the line where the land meets the sky, it was a dark foggy purple that quickly brightened into a gentle magenta, and from there it faded into yellow, then green for just a quick line, and then it resolved into sky blue. It's more colorful than yesterday, but there were no clouds to add texture. So, Blondie added the cityline in black to add more to it.

She felt Lia wake up from beside her and smiled, she just got to finish singing it, writing the date, and the day's plans.

Make and eat s'mores

Learn to ride a motorcycle

"We may have a day of broken bones ahead of us." Blondie joked to the yawning brunette, who laughed mid-yawn and rubbed her tired eyes.

"I think I'm a fast learner." Lia peached, excited to learn how to ride a motorcycle.

So, they threw their clothes in the washer and dryer, eating leftovers for breakfast while they waited. Around noon they got to go out and find an empty parking lot, perfect for practicing. Perfect for mistakes.

"I was a little cocky earlier, huh?" Lia giggled, feeling scared now that she was sitting at the front of the bike with her hands on the handles. With the kickstand still down and the bike in first gear, she revved up the engine nervously, but the rumble excited her too.

"Teaching someone in just one day will be hard but I'll try." Blondie teased, getting onto the back of the motorcycle and guiding Lia through her steps. "Stay in first gear for now, we don't need to go fast quite yet. The clutch is essentially you giving and taking power away from the engine, remember that. Okay, I'm gonna put up the kickstand."

Lia looked down and gulped as Blondie lifted up the kickstand and held onto her tightly from behind. "Don't let me fall, Blondie."

"I won't let you fall, but if something happens and you do, I'll fall with you."

Lia went through everything in her head again, she didn't care much about hurting herself or even killing herself, she worried about hurting the one behind her. She worried about embarrassing herself, though she knew Blondie would never judge her.