Chapter 1: The Aegis of Judgment

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+
In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+

Flashback - 5 years ago - Streets of Academy City, Unknown District

Touma using all his physical strength to kept running, dodging the mercenaries those damn researchers hired to hunt him down, he cursed his Esper ability, as much as he elated to get an Esper ability, being hunted down by morally corrupt, or bankrupt in this case, researchers was the last thing in his mind.

The only things in his mind are the weight of the body armor he stole, the pistol in his hand and what ability he should use to dodge his pursuers, using his acquired and copied Clairvoyance ability he spotted some familiar faces on the overhead pedestrian crossing all laying down.

On the overhead pedestrian crossing, a bunch of 10 year olds all wearing body armor, tactical gear and armed with shotguns, some AR-15 Carbines and MP5 SMGs laid down, hidden by the low wall where the railings are attached too.

Just as he passed the overhead pedestrian crossing, the mercenaries appeared blocking his escape, stopping he took a step back and took aim with the Beretta he looted off one of the mercs, the only out is the way he came in but people, probably more mercs, are already reaching the way he came from.

He's trapped, or he thinks he was when said group of merc appeared to be more people he recognized, all wearing body armor and tactical gear unlike those on the overhead pedestrian crossing, they don't look armed, in fact they look like a bunch of gunslingers readying for a shootout.

Hands at what appeared to be holsters, it clicked in Touma's mind and he suddenly dropped down to his stomach, with that, his friends drew their pistols and revolvers of various makes and models, and those on the overhead pedestrian crossing appeared with long guns.

In a matter of seconds the street echoed in a symphony of gunfire, in what felt like hours, but only for a few seconds, there were 10 dead mercenaries and 35 armed teenagers already policing the merc's weapons as sirens grew louder.

+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.+=-0-=+1+=-0-=+

Present - Judgement DSG District 7 Compound

Sergeant Kamijou Touma, Judgment Special Duties Unit Operator of the 7th District Support Group.

Officially Level 0 in various Records, unofficially at least visibly a Level 1 of unknown ability, some say it is an ability to manipulate AIM Diffusion Field and disable Esper Powers, others say it's energy manipulation allowing him to absorb energies from Esper Powers.

But a select few in the board and in the SDU know of Touma's true power due to that experiment with a Kihara, luckily it's classified and no one knows that Touma is the 8th Level 5 Esper of Academy City, the Power Nullifier and Copier.

But the down side with this power is that he has the most schizophrenic luck, it is an unquestionable constant problem in his daily life, his friends and co-workers knew it, and he pleaded to the sick entity that played his life like a fiddle for once in his life to have something good every morning, which usually means the minute he exited his dorm room.

Luckily being an SDU member is more of a part time thing than a full time operational requirement, in the down time, Sergeant Kamijou Touma when not in the SDU is a Sergeant in the District Support Group, in the 7th District Support Group part of the Tactical Unit.

Now he's wearing the Judgment DSG's summer uniform, a short-sleeved olive green tunic-style tropical field shirt, and olive green trousers based on the Royal Hong Kong Police's Summer Uniform, the only difference is that the DSG Uniform doesn't use a sam bowie belt, and they also wear a black stab vest with a green and white stripe, also the Judgment Armband over their right sleeves,