Pierre-Louis Loubet

It was Rally Monte-Carlo 2023 day 2. Pierre lost power steering quite early in the morning and 5 stages later when we were back in service park I went to check on him in his driver room.

I knocked and got an OK to come in. Pierre was sitting on the bed/bench combo and looking at his palms.

I walked over and pulled a chair out from under the table to sit across from him. He looked up and said hi. I replied with a hey and asked him if he was OK. He said yes but when I slowly pulled his hand into my palm he winced.

I looked back up at him but he didn't make eye contact with me. Looking at his palm I saw that he had blisters from the amount of effort the loss of power steering had taken from him.
I told Pierre to maybe go and get it checked out by the medic but he said he was fine. Me not taking that as an answer I got up and when he asked me where I was going I just told him to stay there.

I came back with and emergency bag and sat back down across from him. Taking his hand back in mine, I rested it in my lap while I rummaged through the medical bag. Finally finding the medical wraps I started slowly and carefully wrapping his hand in it.

A litte while later I was finished with both of his hands and he thanked me. I got up and started to go to put the bag back, but Pierre stopped me. He pulled me close and kissed me. The kiss was gentle but passionate, sweet but unexpected. When he pulled away after a few seconds I looked at him shocked! Never could I have expected that coming from him, but I wasn't mad or anything, I was happy! Having liked him for over an year now I honestly couldn't have asked for anything more but he himself seemed to regret the decision.

"Oh why did I do that, " he said,"you're gonna hate me now aren't you?". "What? NO! Of course not! Why would you even think that?" I asked, a hint of laughter in my voice."Well because...." Pierre started, but before he could finish his sentence I kissed him back.

"What?" said Pierre when I pulled away. "Oh my god, I knew you were cluless at times but that it's this bad that I kiss you and you still don't get it," I ranted,"I like you, you idiot!". "So you don't hate me?" he asked. "I could never! " I responded.

AN: Men really are cluless aren't they! Anyway hope you like this👍.