Kalle Rovanperä

"How much longer? " I ask my PR officer. "Only a few more interviews and then you have one team meeting as well," she says. "A few more? Gosh, doing media is exhausting! " I exclaim. "Yeah, well you don't really have a choice," my PR officer says. "I know, I know!" I say.

                                   -time skip-

Finally media was over and I could go and have lunch. I walked over to the dining area,  grabbed a plate and started putting food on there. When I sat down I pulled out my phone to go and check what everyone was up to. I hadn't seen anyone today apart form my own team and teammates. Eventho the service park wasn't that big I somehow hadn't seen anyone wich was quite unusual.

But just when I looked up I saw Kalle walking around with his plate looking for a seat. "Kalle!" I yell and motion him to come over. He gives me a small smile and started walking towards me.

He sat down across the table from me. "How's your day been so far?" I ask. "Fine, a lot of media but good other wise," Kalle answered. "How's your day been?" He ask me. "Fine. Nothing special. A lot of media as well and we had a team meeting earlier too." I answer.

For the rest of the lunch we talked about the upcoming stages and what not. Once I finished my food I got up to put my plate away and then I sat back down and waited for Kalle to finish his.

Once Kalle was also finished we both started walking back to the garages. Half way back Jonne ran up to Kalle and said something in Finnish to him. I didn't really understand what he had said but Kalle said he had to go. We said our goodbyes and ran off with Jonne.

An hour later the second stage of the day was about to start. "Ready?" my co-driver asks. "As ready as I'll ever be," I answer with a smile. We were the 5th pair to go on and we had about 15 minutes till we had to go on.

I hadn't seen Kalle since him and Jonne ran off, so I didn't know if everything was OK. They were supposed to be the 7th pair to go on so they still had some time to spare even if something was wrong.

                                   -time skip-

The stage was over and we got quite a good stage time. Can't say the same thing for Kalle tho. They  were second to last to go on but he got the third worst time on the stage.

I was sitting on the side of the road on the curve, waiting for the next stage to start. I saw Kalle walking around so I decided to go up to him and ask if everything was OK.

"Hey! What happend on the last stage?" I asked Kalle while walking over to him. "Well turns out that we had managed to lose a part of our base notes so we had to rush and redo everything," Kalle said. "Oh sh!t! Really? How do you lose your base notes?" I ask surprised. "I have no idea! Jonne just couldn't find them. It was only a few pages but still enough to cause us to lose time," he said. "Yeah," I sigh.

"Have everything for the next stage tho?" I joke. "Yeah, yeah. We need to get a good time on the next one or we'll lose our position," Kalle explained. "Well good luck then!" I say. "Good luck to you too then," Kalle smiled.

AN: Gosh! I have no idea where this imagine is going. It's not my best work considering it's all over the place 🥲. It's getting late and I'm tired but tonight is F1 (Miami gp) and it starts at 22.30 for us (in about 30min as of now).
Let's pray for a good race for the Ferraris 🙏!