Chapter 2: The Plan

"Alright." Said X in a serious tone. "So this problem has been going on for a long time, and it's time for us to stop it." he explained, as he sat at the center of the round table. "M has been depleting our resources very rapidly, and we've been going to the grocery store every three days just for it to disappear in mere hours. It won't be long until we're bankrupt because of him." L interrupts his speech. "Oh, you realize everything so soon?" he adds, mocking him. X then glares at him with a look that emanates "I'm gonna beat your ass for this shit", and L looks away. After a few seconds of uncomfortable silence, O asks "How are we gonna do this?" and X responds "That's a good question, O. For now, I'm gonna let you give suggestions about how to fix this ongoing problem. Raise your hand if you have any ideas."

The first one to raise their hand was P, and she spoke in a loud voice "Maybe we could put him on a diet!" X raised an eyebrow, and seemed to consider this; but soon he shaked his head in a sign of disapproval. "We've tried to, P. But you know M, he always finds a way to bypass the diet sooner or later." P stood there for a moment and lowered her hand, while a disappointed "Oh.." came out of her mouth. "Any more suggestions?" X asks.

As he said that, N raised his hand; and he had a pretty good suggestion: "Maybe we could try to somehow lock the fridge with something..." O adds "But we need a really strong material. M can break through ropes, plastic, and even light metal, so it's not gonna be an easy task." X took a moment to breathe, and closed his eyes. He sighed, thinking about what N and O said. And then he saw something horrifying as he thinked.

In his vision, X was in the middle of a forest, observing the town next to it crumbling down. People screaming for help and mercy, like souls being tortured in hell itself. He saw a monstrous, gargantuan figure, destroying the doors to the townspeople's houses, and then swallowing them raw, whole and alive. Its mouth was stained with blood - littered with sharp teeth made for breaking bones and tearing through flesh; and its eyes weren't visible, as they were covered completely in shadows. Some people with guns tried to shoot it, but the monstrous figure clearly needed something stronger than bullets to be hurt. It then ate the people who shot it, like a ravenous animal, just swallowing its food whole without a care in the world.

The monstrous figure then looked at X, and he sensed something... familiar about that glare. It was clearly from someone he knew, but they were completely out of their mind. A tiny glowing dot appeared on where one of its eyes should have been, and then the monstrous creature pounced at X, about to eat him, just like the other townspeople had been.

But right as the creature pounced to him, X finally opened his eyes in a cold sweat. He started to breathe heavily, as the rest of his team looked at him with a confused and worried expression. "X, are you alright?" N asked, really worried about what happened to his friend. "Hey, you finally stopped being in that stupid trance thing!" L added, not even caring for what had really happened to him. X was still tense from the vision he had while thinking about the whole situation, and spoke "I know. Now do something other than mocking everyone or this situation will never get solved." while holding back his anger. P saw him tense, and hugged him. X sighed and smiled at her.

He had now seemingly snapped back to his usual, calm and contended self, and now stayed slightly more calm than before, brushing off the disturbing vision as just a bad dream for being too worked up about the current situation - and L's mocking as just him having a bad day due to the whole situation they were all discussing. Everyone had been giving out suggestions to stop M from eating all the food they had. One suggestion was particularly convincing...

"What if we shorten his rations so he doesn't eat as much during the usual meals?" Says L, finally taking the entire situation more seriously. X's eyes widened when he heard this, and he leaned his head like a curious dog. "That seems interesting..." mumbled, and just remembered N's suggestion. "N, what was your idea again? I think I've got a plan now."