Chapter 4: Interrogation

L had to tell everyone about this. He rapidly stormed down the stairs into the living room, where everyone was having their breakfast. He tried to get everyone's attention. M looked done with him, and N, P and X just looked confused. What was L up to now? "So, guys." L bashfully muttered. "W.. What happened?" N asked, confused. "So you all might not expect this coming from me. But I think O is uh... dead." L explained, trying to look more serious from his usual egocentric and snobbish self.

M suddenly stands up from his seat and blurts out "What do you mean he's dead?" N adds "Yeah, he's right... I saw him at my bedroom door last night." L shakes his head in a sign of disapproval and says "The fact that you saw him early doesn't mean that he's still alive." Sure, he was a bit mean saying that, but he tried to spread a point across and that was it.

He whipped out O's phone, showing the text messages he sent to him. "Look! He sent me these weird text messages! He's most likely dead by now!" He yelled out. M got angry, and said "That's probably your text messages. All of you have the same phones!" This made L very mad, screaming "O'S PHONE IS AN ANDROID, MINE IS AN IPHONE YOU BITCH!!" "ALL PHONES ARE THE FUCKING SAME!" M yelled back.

This slowly escalated into a bad fight, where L and M yelled at each other about which one was right about O's sudden disappearance. The N and X burst into the scene to separate L and M. "CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!" N yelled, a bit stressed due to the constant fighting that happened yesterday and today. "O is probably hanging out with his friends! Or just wandering around..." he tried to say, but his words got stuttered as his nervousness took over.

M glanced at L with a smug smirk, looking at him with a glare that says "See? I'm right." L stared into his eyes for a moment, before turning away from him. "You know what? Fine. If he's out there, go find him." L walked away, he was both very mad and very sad because nobody believed him when he told them O had gone missing. But it was already normal from the team to not believe L, as he often wanted attention and made up all sorts of rumors. But the one time he was telling the truth? Everybody thought it was a rumor again, and no one truly believed him.

L got to his room, and sat on the bed, looking at himself. He sits in silence for a while, and then mutters out "Did I just go insane?" Then, he looks at O's cell phone and sees the text messages. "...Is this just a sick prank?" He asked himself, eyes a bit watery from the implications of him going insane. L then stops crying, and lifts his head up in confidence. "No, I did not." "I didn't just go insane." He reassures himself, and gets off his bed. He walked out of his room, and went to M's room, to see if there really was proof of O's disappearance.

He looked down to the floor, and guess what? There was his beanie! It had a... weird, sticky transparent liquid, almost like a wild animal's saliva. L let out a little "EW!!" as he saw O's damp hat, and backed off it, not even wanting to touch it. But he had to, to check if there were any other off details... Maybe it wasn't that bad, maybe it was just water...

Then, as he picked up O's beanie with only two fingers, he realized something was... off. It didn't have his signature colon gem! It had also gone missing, and when he gently tapped the empty locket in which he held it in, he felt his fingers sting. Who would have done that!? What kind of sick person would just do something as vile as this!? L continued to look around the room in search of more clues. He eventually found what seemed to be signs of a struggle. Everything was getting more suspicious to L. What was his beanie doing in M's room? L felt like he needed to confront M about this. Hopefully he could get some answers.

L got up from the floor as he was done inspecting O's slobbered beanie. But as soon as he stood up, he felt like somebody was watching him. Like there was someone standing right behind him. He felt a slight chill go down his spine as he looked up to see M, towering over him with an angry look plastered on his face.