15

"This can't be happening," Elizabeth groaned, frustrated. "I don't even like you that much, but now I'm stuck with you in this damn mess because of my psycho ex-boyfriend and your crazy ex-plaything? This is so unfair!"

"Listen, this isn't my fault!" Javier huffed. "How was I supposed to know she'd react like this?"

"Maybe take the time to get to know your women before diving between their legs! If you weren't such a scumbag, we wouldn't be in this situation."

"Well, pardon me for wanting to have a little fun."

"Fun? Was it fun when you made her think you were into me? And is it fun now that she wants me dead?"

"Hey, this is as much your fault as it is mine. So don't go piling all the blame on me."

"How is any of this my fault? You're the only one at fault, Quinton, and you know it!"

"Well, you're the one who flirted back with me at the party, and she noticed."

Elizabeth dropped her hands from her head in shock. "I did not flirt with you! In fact, if I remember correctly, I was chasing you away--practically begging you to leave me alone."

Javier rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say. . ."

"Listen to me you cocky, overconfident idiot, I refuse to take any of the blame here. I did nothing. I want out of this mess." And with that, Elizabeth stalked across the room and plopped angrily down into William Quinton's favorite chair.

Javier watched her twist her hair between her fingers, the gesture punctuating her fury. Even though she was dirty and her hair was messy, he found her so attractive, he was almost drooling. What was worse was that he wasn't ashamed of the fact that he was salivating. This inane behavior was unlike him. 

"Why the hell are you staring at me like that?" Elizabeth snapped.

"Can't I admire a beautiful woman?" He questioned, gazing at her openly.

To his surprise, she blushed, the unconscious action adding more color to her cheeks under her bruises. "I'm hardly beautiful in this state. I'm so dirty. You have no idea how I feel right now."

Javier nodded understandingly. "Come on, you probably want to shower. Follow me."

Elizabeth got up and eyed him uncertainly. "I'm not so sure about that. What'll I change into?"

"I'll find. . .something," He shrugged and walked from the room.

Realizing that it would be better to be clean and terribly dressed than to remain in her current state, Elizabeth sighed and followed him from the room. Javier led the way down a long hallway and then made a turn left through a short one. He opened a fancy white door with a shiny brass handle.

"Ladies first," He smiled slightly.

Elizabeth went in, admiring the beautifully clean bathroom. It was complete with two bathtubs on opposite ends of the room, and a large shower in the centre. It even had curtains and a ceiling fan. The color scheme was luxurious: white and gold. She knew that her own bathroom was beautiful, but this one was. . .elegant. It was enough to take her breath away.

"Nice bathroom," she said casually.

Javier grinned. "Go ahead and hop in. I'll bring a towel from the closet just down the hall. Hope you like pink." He left, closing the door softly behind him. 

Right. She hated pink. 

She walked over to the huge wall-length mirror that covered one end of the room, making the bathroom look even larger than it really was. She took in the appearance of her reflection, shaking her head. She looked terrible. She didn't know how anyone kept a straight face around her all night.