Ch- Reaper Island -16

CHAPTER 16

" This is where the story begun

" This is where the story begun. Where the embodiment of god brushed his feet on the moisty grass. On this exotic island, the abode of god, there, everything bend under their will. Of a god that doesn't have their place in this world, came back to claim their lost paradise.

It has been 8 years. The green oasis, mesmerising island, conceal its true threats behind the mask of paradise. And like fireflies, the human kind tend to be fooled by the utopistic delusion of the thought as sacred land. Or maybe they would have, if any of them had found the location. One knew and they came as if the soil birth them.

The eyes of the one lend of this haven greedily, and they never backed away from rulling their territory."

Final stop : Reaper Island..

"What do you mean : 'This is my island.' ??", An expression of shock imprinted on their face as they heard the new. The Scientists were long gone with the liveaboard living the four of us with a smaller vessel for our last travel. I had the chance to put my name on the island after being promoted, thanks to Roger, which lead me to have exclusive right of exploitation and application on this exotic jungle.

"I lived here before being a marine. I moved out 7 years ago, I think ?", I scratch my chin as I fold the newpapers .

"I never heard of this island..", Benkei was slightly doubtful as he stares ahead while following the eternal pose carefully. The cozy boat rocks slowly as it moves in a dense fog, an unnoticeable tension revolves around the marine's soldiers. The air felt damp with every breath taken and soon our eyes caught the silhouette.

"It's well hidden, that why I was put in charge of it as soon as I asked for it. Apparently they are sure to be aware of all important islands.", I give him a slight shrug, my eyes staring forward in wonder. Many things came into mind at this instant, such as my way in all this. I needed a base to come to in case things turn the wrong way. Somewhere I could hide people and many at that. The scientists weren't meant to come yet, but I knew, they'd be require.

"You meant you grew here ?", Panom watches me with an intance and piercing gaze, a bit of curiosity could be heard in her monotonous voice. I smile at her shepishly but chose to stay quiet.

The growls of beast slowly reach our ears. A nostalgic feeling even for the little time I stayed here. The fog disolves slowly, the island becoming only a blurr before we could fully admire its beauty. The beach of clean sand, shining under the strong sunrays. The climate had created its own hidding, pushing a thick barrier of fog all around it. Strangely, it wasn't like that when I land here.

Grabing the ramp, I stare at the familiar landscape. The beach I was on, covered in seawater and sand. And the jungle I stayed at, where I build a tiny house with everything at hands.