[ch 17]

𝐡𝐞𝐲𝐲𝐲, 𝐢𝐤 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭. 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐡 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲. 🩶

♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——
♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——

l/n y/n •

l/n y/n •

it had been a few weeks since i had told shouko and maki about my relationship. they seemed to adapt to it quite easily. however, shouko still seemed tense from time to time. but that's just how she'd always been. i don't blame her in the least.

i was busy getting some paperwork done for yaga-sensei since he needed an extra hand. i was willing to help. i was sifting through important documents and filling in whatever information he had asked me to fill in. "just leave the signatures for me." was the only thing he told me not to fill in. interacting with him was almost nostalgic. it took me back to the old days when he was our sensei and not the principle. ever since he became the principal, there was something about him that changed. it was very subtle but still noticeable to my eyes.

i was listening to whatever song my playlist had and idly going through the papers. i suddenly heard a notification that snuffed out the music. i reached my hand out and angled the phone towards my line of vision so i could read what was on the screen.

—————————————
𝗚𝗼𝗷𝗼'𝘀 𝗠𝗼𝗺:
- hi sweetheart, can i call?
—————————————

i was really confused but i replied saying that she could. it only took her a few seconds to call my number and i picked up.

"hello?" i reluctantly greeted the woman on the other side of the phone. "hi honey, how are you doing?" she was always so nice, i wonder how she raised such an imbecile. well, he is my boyfriend but i still hate him, i don't know how much sense that makes. "i'm doing okay, is everything alright? i'm sorry, it's just that you never call." i heard her clear her throat, "yes, everything is fine sweetheart. actually..." she went quiet for a brief moment. "is there something you need me to do for you?" i asked, i had no idea why she called. "gojo's father and i just wanted to apologize for what happened last time." i had no idea what to say.

"why all of a sudden..?" i asked reluctantly. i heard her clear her throat once again, "we felt horrible for what happened but we didn't have the time to make it up to you. but now we do, so we're inviting you over. i haven't seen your face in so long and i was so surprised to hear that you had come for dinner... i have no idea how toru convinced you." again, i had no words other than a million questions that were gushing in my brain. "what do you feel bad about?" the first question spilled, with more to come. it was in a high pitched tone which made the question seem like it was unaccounted for, it didn't matter to me. but it did. lord, did it matter, it stung so terribly deep that i wanted to wince in pain just thinking about it.

"um, sweetheart, we always knew about how your parents treated you... we just never knew how to confront them. i didn't think that they would still treat you this way now that you were an adult - and it angered me to know such. i'm so sorry for everything you've been through. i wish i could have protected you from it." my heart broke into a million pieces. i felt like how i was all those years ago. pathetic, sorrowful, helpful and defenseless. tears dared to spill but i held them in.

"when... when should i come over?" i finally asked. "is tonight good for you?" i nodded at the phone and quickly remembered that she couldn't see that. "yes, yes tonight is fine. thank you so much." a small smile cracked along my face. "of course sweetie, have a nice day." she replied. i quickly hung up the phone because i hate how awkward goodbyes are.

gojo had just walked into the office. his timing was absolutely perfect. i looked at him and called him over with a gesture of my hand. he walked over to me and sat on the edge of the paper-piled desk, careful not to sit on the papers. i turned my chair towards him and slumped in it, sighing deeply to release the tension in my body.

"your mom called." i said. i watched his expression change, his eyebrows lifting. "what did she say...?" he asked, i could tell that he wasn't so sure what the call would be about. "she called me over for dinner, tonight." gojo's eyes widened once again before walking over to me in a slow fashion. "she forgot to mention that they're holding a party at their place to celebrate their wedding anniversary." i was surprised - that was in fact a very important detail she missed. i sighed again, "well, i agreed to go, i want to see your parents." gojo looked at me with... concern? it was hard to decipher underneath the blindfold. "you do know that your parents will be there, right?"

"i think i'll be fine... there will be a large crowd so i won't have to run into them." i stated. gojo nodded in agreement. "yeah, i'll be there with you the whole time- and if you feel uncomfortable, just say the word and we'll be outta there, you got it?" he asked. i nodded as a response.

it felt reassuring to have someone who had my back as much as satoru did. although he does annoy the shit out of me most of the time. i guess i can like a guy like him. i smiled softly, gojo seemed to notice. "what are you smiling at?" he asked teasingly, "she still calls you toru." i say softly, a hint of sentiment in the nickname. it was a cute nickname, one that i remember using before i start hating him. my thoughts began to trail off once again.

"so... tonight then?" satoru said, "what do you plan on wearing?" i thought about his question for a moment. "i'll make it a surprise." i replied, earning a scoff from satoru. "aw come on, you can at least give me a hint!" he exclaimed. "tch, and ruin the experience of you seeing me in the dress? no way." upon saying those words, he smirked. he leaned in closer to me, his lips near my ear. "let's just hope your dress isn't too pretty because i would feel horrible for ripping it off of you tonight." he growled, his voice was dark and husky. it made a sensual feeling roll through me. though i kept my composure, my insides were screaming. "okay... let's see if that even happens tonight." i replied, thanking god that my voice didn't break.

"we'll see, y/n. we'll see."

oh, he wasn't joking...

♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——
♡o。.✿ฺ。——♡o。.✿ฺ。——