Nervous First Outing

It has been a few weeks since Tony went out. He has not been out since that near fateful night. Since the night that he was close to getting injured or losing his life. A week. Riff has been nervous to let Tony out of his sight. Even though he knew it might be safe now,it was not enough to reassure Riff to let Tony out of his sight which was the reason why Tony has not been going out or anything like that. He knows that Riff means to do that out of caring for Tony and his safety. He would have been doing the same for Riff.

Realistically the nervous feeling made sense because who wouldn't be nervous after having to go through something like that. To say Riff was not the only one feeling that was an understatement because Tony was feeling that way too just not the same as Riff. So should they attempt a first outing? They could try to see how it goes and they decided to go somewhere that Chino and the other surviving Sharks don't know about. It was to ensure that Tony stayed protected. Because he knows that Tony was not going to be safe where the surviving Sharks and Chino were at or know about because of what happened at the Rumble weeks ago.

Tony was nervous but wanted to do this. Riff on the other hand was not really sure about this. But he wanted to make Tony feel normal and not like just because his life was nearly ended or hurt that would change things. Tony would not like that and neither would Riff if he was stuck in Tony's position. He asked,"Are you sure about this?" Tony took Riff's hands in his own and said,"Riff,I am nervous too but I want to do this." Riff sighed and they left to do this outing. They were both still feeling nervous.
The nervousness makes complete sense considering what happened the last time that Tony went out,his life was nearly ended and Chino would've been able to aim at Tony and do just that if it wasn't for Riff appearing and tackling him before he could.

They were not sure what they wanted to do or where they wanted to go for this outing. So they were just walking around mostly. Tony was happy that he was doing this and yes he was nervous but he didn't plan on letting the nervousness stop him from this. On the other hand,Riff might just do that. He might just let the nervousness stop this. He would be doing it for that and Tony's sake although Tony was wanting to do this. Riff just couldn't shake the nervous feeling that something was going to go out of control and not as this was intended to go. Was it just the nervousness that Tony could be in grave danger again or something else?Riff wasn't sure about that stuff or anything.

This was probably the only moment they could do this under good circumstances (Not being seen by Chino or surviving Sharks,just the two of them together alone). Nothing had happened so far during this but they never know what could happen anyway which didn't help the nervousness. But Tony was really wanting to do this outing and Riff didn't want him to think that just because he was nearly injured or life ended,he was not going to be treated differently than before the Rumble took place,before everything of that night happened. Riff didn't want that for Tony and if it was the other way around,Tony would feel the same way about Riff and this type of thing about not wanting him to think that just because something happened or nearly happened to him,he wouldn't be treated differently than before that took place.

It was fun for Tony despite the nervousness he was feeling and he knew it might be the only time that he can convince Riff to do this. He honestly understood Riff's feelings. If it was the other way around, Tony would be doing the same thing that Riff is doing. He was lucky to have been able to get Riff to agree to do this outing to begin with anyway. They were still walking around,not knowing what to do. Tony spotted the local ice cream shop and said,"Riff, let's go get some ice cream." Riff stood silently,not speaking or moving forward. Tony asked,"Riff, what is it? What's up?" Riff began pulling Tony and Tony asked,"Riff, what are you doing?" Riff finally spoke,"Sorry about that. Nothing is wrong. It's just my imagination acting up." Tony said,"Alright. So can we please get ice cream?" Riff nodded his head,"Yes, Tony."