04: Marcus Burke

Draco's Pov: 

I sat across from her as she is on the verge of tears, Nobody but Poppy knew what was going on, I know I have only just met the girl, but I wanted to help her so bad, we all did but she did not tell anybody. 

"Grace don't go down there, you hear me?" Poppy said reaching across Pansy to hold her arm, Graces eyes were stuck on the table Infront of her, she started shaking her head her voice cracking "N-no, N- no Poppy I have to go down there, you know what happened last time I didn't listen..." Shit did this guy hurt her? 

Who would want to hurt a darling angel like Grace? 

It made me angry that somebody wanted to physically lay a hand on her. I grew more impatient by the minute. "Can somebody tell us what the fuck is going on?!" I shouted at them from across the tub. Poppy turned to me and sighed "Marcus Burke I a boy who attended Beaxbatlns with us, He and Grace was in a relationship, but not until a few weeks ago she broke up with him for being too abusive and possessive towards her and others, So whenever she would disobey him he would hit her, he is like a younger version of You-Know-who, But she only just got the courage to leave him like I told her to as soon as they started Dating!". 

Now Grace was in tears I really felt bad, one minute I am snogging her then her abusive boyfriend shows up to her house after they broke up. "Grace don't go, you'll get hurt," I told her, and all the others agreed with me. 

"No I have to go down before he comes up here and hurts all of you," With that she immediately stood up and got out of the tub heading to her room to put some suitable clothes on. 

"She's right he will come up here, we can't stop her Draco there's nothing we can do, all we can do is hope she comes back un-injured..." I stared at her for a moment, but Poppy was right, we just must let her go. 

Grace's Pov: 

I got out of the tub and went to my bathroom to dry myself with a quick charm, I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed a purple mark on my neck, the hickey Draco gave me, I had to hide it with a charm, or he would find him and kill him. 

Everyone should have left by now I had informed everybody's parents that they would be staying the night, I threw on my only night dress, it was not appropriate, but it will have to do. 

I walked down the corridor to the ballroom which is where Dinky told me he would be

I walked down the corridor to the ballroom which is where Dinky told me he would be. I got to the top of the staircase, which is where I saw a silhouette, he had his back to me. I did not even have to look at him to know there was a smirk on it, Fear crawled up my spine as I wrapped my arms around my torso.