Chapter Three

I stood outside the limo, waiting for Amelia to come out of her home so I help her in the vehicle. Joe stood beside me with a grin, "You look nervous. I've never seen you like this around a woman." I blushed and ignored his eyes, "Do you have to embarrass me?" Joe chuckled, "As a matter of fact, I got your father's permission in writing to embarrass you whenever Her Majesty and I felt like it." I groaned, "Of course you did." 

Her Majesty and Amelia came around the corner and Amelia smiled, "You have two limousines?" The Queen smiles and gently guides her over to Joe and me, "One is yours." Amelia raised an eyebrow, "Do you raise limousines too?" The Queen chuckled, "No, Amelia. This is Joseph." Amelia shook Joe's hand, "Hi, nice to meet you," Amelia shyly looked at me and blushed, "Hello, Lucas." I smiled and kissed the back of her hand, "Hello, Princess." Amelia blushed harder and I opened the door for her and she smiled, "Thank you. Lucas, would you like to sit back here with me?" I stammered until Joe shoved my shoulder, "Of course, he would, Princess." I blushed as Amelia giggled when I accidentally flopped into the limo.

As Joe drove, Amelia started pushing buttons and I watched her fondly, liking the change of pace from elegant to not-so-elegant. Joe cleared his throat, "Princess, may I point out that no matter how many times you push it, it will go up and down the same way." I chuckled as Amelia blushed, "Oh. Joseph, can we eighty-six the flags? Please?" Joe shook his head, "No. The flags allow me to park anywhere. We keep the flags. And you will keep Lucas. He will be accompanying you at school until the ball." 

Amelia looked at me with those beautiful eyes, "School? Is this a guard protection thing?" I flinched, "Yes and no." Joe looked in the rearview mirror, "Yes. You can also call me Joe." Amelia giggled, "Joey?" Joe deadpanned, "No. Joe." 

We stopped to pick up Amelia's friend, Lilly, as I was told and she laughed as I stood there, awkwardly. "Did I miss something? Are we going to a wedding and you picked up a date?" Amelia smiled, "Uh, no. School. This is the surprise ride. Lucas is....a good friend." I blushed at her words and opened the door for the both of them. 

"This is Joe. Joe. Lilly. Liily. Joe. Lilly. Lucas. Lucas. Lilly," Amelia introduced the three of us and we all shook hands. "Hi. It's nice to meet you both. You know, Joe. Do you know you look like Shaft?" Joe looked confused with his glasses on and nods, "Yes. Excuse me." Amelia looks at Lilly, "You want a ride right?" Lilly nods, "Yeah. Totally!" I helped them in with a smile, before closing the door and sitting in the passenger seat. Joe gave me an 'oh my god' look and I stifled a laugh. 

"Please fasten your seat belts ladies," Joe asked and Lilly laughs, "Is your mother dating an Undertaker?" Amelia shook her head, "This long-lost grandmother showed up and she wants me to use it." Lilly looks at her, "And? You have a hot guy in the passenger seat!" Amelia blushed, "I don't know. I guess she's just trying to be nice to get me to like her. Lucas is........a friend." Lilly grinned, "Friend my butt!" 

Amelia leaned forward, "Hey Joe? Can you please park a block away from school? I really don't want to cause a riot with this hearse. Lucas will cause a big enough one with being that attractive." I grinned and looked at her, "You think I'm attractive, Princess?" Amelia blushed and Lilly squealed, "Awe! Again, friend my butt!" 

Joe grinned, "This is a non-riot hearse. And if it were a hearse, there would be silence in the backseat." We all laughed at Joe's sassiness. Joe parked a block away, just like Amelia requested and we all got out, I followed Amelia and Lilly behind them, just because I didn't know what was going on.

Amelia smiled at me when I looked at the school's uniform, "You can stick with me. I don't want you getting lost in the crowd." I deadpanned, "I look so unattractive." Amelia giggled, "Nope. You still look good." A girl called out from a group of people, "Tell me, Mia, is it true about your speech? Are you really speaking at the Bulimic Convention?" Another grinned and added, "So you can speak and barf at the same time?" I gritted my teeth and walked forward, only for Amelia to grab my arm. The girl looked me up and down and fluttered her eyelashes, "Whose this hunk?" I smiled fakely at her, "My name is Lucas, and Mia does get nervous about public speaking. It's not for everyone and I just wanted to let you know. That hairstyle you're wearing is childish. You'd look better without the pigtails. But your friends would have told you that if they were really friends." The girl gasped as the guys around her ooh. I grab Mia's hand and we start walking away. Amelia stopped me once we were far enough away, "Why did you do that?" I smiled and tucked a hair behind her ear, "Because, Princess. No one should be made fun of because of their fear. You are perfect to me." Amelia blushed and smiled, "Call me Mia. I like it coming from you." I nodded with a smile, "Of course."

I watched from the crowd as Mia was playing baseball and I flinched when she accidentally threw the ball in the back of the teacher's head. 

----------------------------

Mia told me that she and Lilly would be fine by themselves. I didn't trust people well, but I trust her, so I started walking back to the 'townhouse'.

"Lucas Whitlock," I said into the microphone of the security box. The gate opened and I walked into the front door, smiling and greeting the rest of the security team. "Where is Miss Thermopolis?" One asked. I sighed, "I was told to let her and her friend ride back to their homes. Miss Thermopolis asked me to with some force so I didn't argue." 

Another guard chuckled, "Ah. Young love." I blushed and walked away, "Hush!"