Chapter Six

I walked back downstairs with a blank expression and the Queen frowned, "Oh, Lucas. I'm so sorry. It will all work out in the end." I sighed, "Will it?" Clarisse smiles and nods, "You are still a Lord. You still have a chance." I shook my head, "I don't want her to be with me because of the law. I want her to be with me because she wants me. I'm sorry Your Majesty." 

Later I walked into the foyer to see the Queen teaching the Princess and I immediately left, hearing rapid footsteps coming to me. "Luc! Lucas, please! Let me explain!" Amelia said. I sighed and turned around, bowing to her, "Good afternoon, Your Highness. How may I be of service?" Amelia frowned, "Luc, please don't do this. I did what I had to keep the secret as grandmother asked. I told Lilly so she could get off my back, but I didn't mean to hurt you by doing what I did." I sighed, "Amelia-" Mia glared at me, "I said call me Mia. You are more than a friend to me! Lucas, Micheal is just a good friend. I know I'll have to tell him that I like you and let him down gently. It's simple!"

I cupped her cheek and a sad smile and kissed the corner of her lips, "Oh, Mignonette, I wish it was that simple. Besides, Micheal would hate me more than he already does. I've seen the way you look at him. You like him deeply and I will not get in the middle of that. You've known him longer than I have, I won't have a chance. Go to him, Mia." Mia teared up, "Lucas. Please, no." I kissed her forehead, "I'm sorry, Princess. But you like him. Even if you don't realize it. I've seen that look before. It's one that my parents gave each other and it's the same one that I give you." I walked away from her, ignoring her cries out for me. I walked into the entrance to see the sad looks of the guards, "What?" One guard sniffled, "That was so sad. Someone tell Nicholas Spark to come this way for a new novel idea." I rolled my eyes fondly and continue walking to the garden, to think about everything that just happened. 

---------------------------

Mia's POV

I cried as Lucas walked away from me and couldn't believe that he thought I liked Micheal. Yeah, before I had a small crush, but he never really paid much attention to me before. Lucas loved the way I looked before I had this makeover. I walked back to Grandmother and Charlotte and Grandmother smiled sadly, "I take it the take didn't go well." I shook my head and sniffled, "No. Grandma, I love Lucas; and I messed up. I made him think that I like Micheal!" Grandmother sighed, "Love. It comes with its joys and sorrows. We are done for the day, you may go home. Lucas will come around once you tell him your feelings. He has already told you him, correct?"

I nodded and smiled, "He said, 'Even if you don't realize it. I've seen that look before. It's one that my parents gave each other and it's the same one that I give you.' He thinks that I don't look at him the same way he looks at me." Grandmother nods and smiles, "Then show him that you do. See you tomorrow, Amelia." 

I say goodbye to the guards and they all wave sadly back. I got home and changed, ready to do some balloon popping with Mom. "So this is considered art?" I asked confused as we threw darts at some balloons on a wall.

Mom nodded and popped a balloon, "My parents did this in the sixties. Yes! They had an exhibition at Woodstock." I threw a dart, "And I guess you're trying to bring it back?" Mom smiled, "Well, yeah. This beats homework." I sighed, "And boy trouble." Mom threw another, "Is Micheal not picking up hints?" I shook my head, "I don't like Micheal anymore, mom. I hurt Lucas's feelings and he told me that he didn't have a chance with me because I like Micheal." Mom looked confused, "Don't have a chance? That boy is the most respectful boy ever and I'm just hearing what he's like from you. Just like your father. I remember the Whitlocks before we divorced, it's a shame what happened to them." 

I frowned, "What did happen?" Mom sighed, "Drunk driver hit them, killed on impact. Lucas became an orphan and your grandmother took him in, you two got along well when you were babies." I smiled, "So that's why I'm so comfortable around him! Mom, I love Lucas!" Mom chuckled, "Slow down, hotshot. You don't know what love is yet." I frowned, "Mom, he's respectful, he loved the way I looked before this transformation and that's more than I can say for anyone else. He calls me Princess, not because of who I am, but because he likes to call me that. Lucas is smart, handsome, and cares about everyone." Mom smiled softly, "Then go after him. Tomorrow." 

I giggled as we continued throwing darts, hitting one after another, squealing in excitement.

--------------The Next Day--------------

Against my better judgment, I walked to school. I didn't want to be around Mia, afraid of me acting on my feelings. "Lucas! Lucas!" I heard Mia yell from behind me. I sighed and turned around, only to find a pair of lips on mine and her arms wrapped around my neck. My eyes widened in shock and I closed them, kissing back. I pulled away after a couple of minutes and grinned, "Do I get an explanation for that?" Mia blushed and kept her arms around my neck, "Lucas, I'm sorry I made you feel that you didn't have a chance. I love you and I know that I'm only fifteen for a couple more days until my sixteenth birthday, but I love you. My mother told me that we would always be together when we were younger and I knew why I felt like I've known you all my life. Will you be my boyfriend?" 

I smiled and stiffened at the cough sounding off to the side of us, looking over to see Micheal. He looked upset, but not surprised, "I was coming to ask you Mia if you wanted to come over and fix your car as a date, but it seems that I was too late." I sighed, "Micheal, look-" Micheal smiled, "No need. It's fine man. I'm sorry for making it seem like I hated you. I was the jerk that didn't see Mia for who she was until she got the makeover. Mia, I'm sorry. Can we still be friends?" Mia smiled and hugged him, "Of course, Micheal." 

I smiled at the two and laughed at the sight of Lilly running towards us, "Wait up! Wait for me! Not you! I don't even know you!" Mia giggled at her friend, "Lilly, how nice of you to join us." Lilly grinned and stopped, smirking at me, "Friend my butt. I saw that kiss and leg pop, Mia." Mia blushed and I looked confused, "Leg pop?" Micheal chuckled and patted my back, walking beside me as we walked behind the girls, "Welcome to the club, Luc. I don't know what they say half the time."