Trust and Commitment

No one's POV

"Alright, would you mind telling us why you're here?" Wu asked, turning to Morro.

"Trying to find some people. I don't think it concerns you that much," The ex-ghost responded.

"Well, seeing as you won't tell us the names of those people, we don't really believe us," Kai spat back.

"Kai, be polite. How is he suppose to tell us if he doesn't trust us?" Everyone reeled back at the statement.

"Why does he need to trust us!?" Nya argued, "He should be the one trying to gain trust in this situation!"

"I am right here, you know!" Morro inputted, glaring at Nya. She whipped her head around to stare at him.

"You are so lucky you're not a ghost anymore, or I would've sent your ass back to the Cursed Realm by now."

"Nya, maybe you and Kai should go outside?" Zane gently suggested, "Take Lloyd with you; he could use the break from Morro."

As they left, Kai turned back, pointing two fingers at his eyes, then at Morro, before falling into the lift as the doors slid open.

Once the doors closed again, the remainder of the group started asking Morro questions again.

"So, will you tell us who you're looking for?" Pixal asked. Morro shook his head. "You won't or you can't?"

"I don't know, I'm struggling to remember specific things about my past. It's... fuzzy, some pieces are missing," Morro admits.

"Ok, tell me what you do remember," The nindroid reasoned. Morro thought for a moment, then spoke.

"I lived with my mum, step-dad, and my half-brother and -sister. My brother's about 5 years younger than me, my sister's 12 years younger. Mum had me at 19, and I don't think my biological dad was in the picture. She met Pops when I was 2, so he practically raised me." Pixal jotted all the details down.

"Anything else?" Zane asked.

"Pops worked with music, I think he's a singer. I don't remember what Mum did, but I think she fought against bad people, so probably a police officer. Pops wanted us to follow in his footsteps, but Mum said she wanted us to choose for ourselves."

"Good, can you remember any names?"

"Mum's maiden name was Hence, both Mum and Pops' names started with L." He paused, then his face lit up. "Oh! My brother's name was Nicholas! And y sister's was Kyrana."

"Ok... so L. Hence? Married to Mr L. Blank, parents to Nicholas and Kyrana?" Pixal confirmed, checking her notes. "That is actually a lot of information. So, how old are you, just to get your siblings' ages."

"I should be 27 in December, if I've continued aging after coming back from the dead."

"Alright, we're looking for a 22 year old male, and 16 year old female. As well as a 46 year old female," Wu stated. Jay drew back.

"What do you mean, 'we' Master?" Morro looked disgusted at the implication he was getting from Wu's statement.

"I mean, you're all going to help Morro find his family. It's a perfect learning opportunity."

"What?!" Came a muffled yell from the lift, then some crashing as Kai shoved the doors open. He stormed up to Wu. "You've got to joking, why would we help him?!" He pointed a finger at Morro, furious.

"As much as I hate to agree, he's right. Why would I accept their help anyway?" Morro joined in.

"Have you forgotten how to defeat an enemy?" Wu stated. "You make them your ally, it's simple." Kai looked like he could blown Wu up at this point, steam actually coming out of his ears. 

"And have you forgotten what he did to your nephew? Or are you willing to look past it because your favourite student has returned?"

"Kai..." Wu started, but Kai had already started walking off, cursing profusely.

---------------------------

Claudia's POV

We had just gotten to Shintaro when I received a call from Kai. I answered it as I walked into the castle.

"Hey, wassup?" I asked, before noting his breathing seemed heavy. "Are you ok?"

"No, Wu wants us to help Morro find his family." I stopped, thinking I didn't hear Kai properly.

"Did you say help Morro?"

"I know, it's ridiculous. I mean, he possessed Lloyd, and got you turned into a ghost. He's bad news." I agreed with him, before spotting Vania walking up to me.

"I gotta go, we'll talk more when I get back." We said our goodbyes and I hung up, wrapping my arms around Vania.

"What was the call about?" She asked, pulling me closer. I pressed a finger to her lips.

"Don't worry about it, it's not that important right now." We were staring into each other's eyes, then I heard a distant yell.

"Holy shit, this place is massive!" I looked over Vania's shoulder to see Kira spinning around, taking in everything. I chuckled.

"Who's your friend?" Vania teased, also watching Kira. I grabbed her hand, taking her over to my sister.

"Vania, this is Kira. She's my little sister." They both greeted each other, and we went inside.

Lilly came running up to me, so I scooped her up once she got close enough.

"Hey Pebble! Did you miss me?" She giggled as I lifted her up, making me smile.

"Lilly, this is your Auntie. Her names is Kira," Vania told Lilly, and Kira waved at us.

I placed Lilly down, moving her closer to Kira.

"How about you two get to know each other while me and your Mama catch up." Kira raised an eyebrow.

"So that's why you got me to come with you is it?" I laughed, allowing Vania to pull me into one of the other rooms.

She stopped suddenly, turning to look at me.

"C, our anniversary is coming up soon." I nodded, confused. She continued, reaching into her pocket, "and I know we've only been together for three years, and we both agreed we're not ready for marriage yet, but-" My breath hitched as she pulled out two silver rings, half of a heart engraved into both of them.

"It's a promise ring. I vow to stay committed to you, this relationship, and the family we've made with each other." She picked up one ring, holding it out to me. "What say you, Gem?"

I took the offered ring, smiling as I slipped it onto my left middle finger. "Yes! Of course!" I wrapped my arms around her, embracing her tightly. When I let go, I took a deep breath. "Y'know, for a second I thought you were gonna propose." She chuckled airily.

"No, I'll leave that for you," She joked, placing her own ring on her right middle finger. "There, now when we hold hands, they'll touch." As she said this, she grabbed my hand. "I got yours specially designed too, when you shift into Cole, you can making it bigger, so it'll still fit you."

I kissed her. "You're so sweet, V," I softly whispered. "That's what I love most about you, after your love of adventure." She hummed, blushing.

"I love you too, Claudia."