Picking Up the Pieces

TW: mentions of suicide attempt.

Cam knocked on the door later that night, with Jason, Elanor and a sleeping Nahid.

When Jay answered it, he moved aside as he recognised them.

"Hey, how are they?" Jason asked, stepping into the house.

"As good as they can be when their dad just died in front of them," Jay responded, shutting the door.

"Where are they?" Cam asked, looking around the living room.

"Cole and Kira are upstairs with Lilly," Zane informed them.

"Could we go check on them?"

"Sure, go ahead."

---------------------------

Camilla tapped the doorframe, stirring the siblings inside the room.

"Hey," She said softly.

"Hi," Cole responded, rubbing his eye while Kira sat up.

"It'll be alright, you know that right?" Jason told them, "You'll both be okay."

"Yeah, when that'll happen, who knows," Cole muttered, "Combined with Morro coming back, I don't know what to do anymore. I- I want him to be my brother again, but I don't think I can forgive him just yet."

"Healing takes time," Cam stated, rubbing his shoulder, "Don't rush it, you're still recovering from that attempt."

"Right..." He laughed dryly, "Jay's aunt is gonna be a millionaire soon enough."

"Is she your therapist?" Kira asked, and Cole nodded, "Mind referring me to her?"

"Sure, me and Vania will start that once the paperwork to take you in is done."

"Thanks."

Elanor walked in, placing a hand on Kira's shoulder, before placing Nahid on the bed next to Lilly.

She looked at the siblings sympathetically, signing something to them.

"She wishes you two the best," Cam translated, and they smiled at her.

"Thanks, really sorry about bringing that guy so close to your family," Cole responded, and she shook her head.

"Yours got hurt the most," Cam said for her as she signed once again.

"I'm gonna take a walk," Cole said, getting up, "I need some air."

"Don't-"

"I'm not gonna jump off a bridge again," Cole assured, "I know I've got stuff to live for."

"I was gonna say don't get lost, but yeah," Jason said, "Don't do that either."

---------------------------

"Cole, how are you?" Zane asked as Cole made an appearance.

"I'm fine I guess," Earth responded, continuing towards the door, "I'm going for a walk to clear my head."

"I'll come with you," Vania offered, getting up and walking to Cole.

"Thanks," He said, smiling.

They held each others' hands as they walked through the remains of the festival, the silence almost suffocating.

Vania squeezed his hand gently, and he sighed.

"I think I'm gonna take a break from being a Ninja."

She looked up at him, surprised, "What? But, you love being a Ninja- protecting people is what you do!"