Dangerous Festivities

No one's POV

Jay and Cole weaved through the streets, easily avoiding the crowds of people. As they made it to the main area of celebration, they heard a shout.

"Cole, Jay?!" They turned, seeing Camilla and Jason emerge from the crowd, along with a blonde woman holding Nahid's hand.

"Oh, hey guys! What are you doing here?" Jay asked, smiling brightly as the group approached them.

"We're here for the festival. Is that not what you're here for?" Jason explained, and Jay shook his head.

"Ninja business," He replied, and Cam became nervous.

"Is there a criminal here? Should all these people be out right now?" She grabbed hold of the woman's arm, and Jay noticed that she shared the same bright, almost white, lilac eye colour as Nahid, as well as also being an elf.

"No, it's not urgent, immanent danger business," Cole explained, "Morro came back, and he wanted to 'reconnect with Kira'."

"I thought she was in the city..." Cam started.

"Oh no, she is. Morro didn't even remember Dad's name," Was the cold response. Before they could press further, Cole motioned to the blonde standing next to Cam. "Who's this lovely lady?"

Cam smiled, squeezing the woman's arm. "This is Elanor, she's Nahid's biological mother. And, my girlfriend." Elanor beamed, waving to the two Ninja.

"Pleasure to meet you, Elanor," Cole said, and Elanor bent her head forward in response. Then, she let go of Nahid's hand, raising both of them in front of her.

Steadily, she signed something to them. Cam smiled.

"She says it's a pleasure finally meeting both of you two." Jay nodded, and Elanor took Nahid's hand back. 

"Well, the sun is starting to go down, should we start celebrating?" Jason joked, and everyone agreed.

"Hey, wait for me!" They heard a yell, and suddenly Kira had crashed into Cole. "I decided to pay Dad a visit, but I'm assuming he's on stage somewhere," She explained. Cole smiled.

"Does anyone else want to magically appear outta nowhere?" Jay asked, half-complaining.

"Shush Half-pint," Cam ordered, lightly smacking his arm.

"Nice to see ya, kid," Jason told Kira.

"Alright, now we can join the festivities," Cole said.

"Staring with that buffet," Kira stated, eyeing up the long table by the stage. She took off towards it, Cole behind her.

"Hey, save some for me!" He yelled, making everyone laugh.

"They're so much like each other," Cam said warmly.

---------------------------

After watching the Royal Blacksmiths perform a couple times, the group decided to say hello to Lou.

"Ah, my dear children, enjoying the festival so far?" He asked as the two walked backstage.

"Yes Papa, you were amazing, as always," Kira said, giving him a hug.

"Thank you, Dumpling." Lou released Kira, turning to face Cole. "What did you think, Cole?"

"It was great, just like the rest of your work Dad," He responded, smiling.

"Glad you approve. Where are the rest of the Ninja?"

"They'll be around here somewhere. We got a couple rooms at an inn to stay over night, so they're probably still there."