One.

"Remember, you have to buy something!"

Hongjoong had told him the exact same thing over and over again. He had told him the night before and again the in the morning even before greeting him good morning. San didn't have any peace even during the drive to the building where the auction took place. So he couldn't help but roll his eyes to Hongjoong when the older whispered the same words once again against his ear. They had started arguing the day the auction was announced and apparently it wouldn't have stopped unless San bought something from the damn golden fair. The ceremony only took place once every few months but still for San it was a pain in the ass. He really couldn't understand the meaning of it. They had enough jewels, sofisticated weapons, gold, whatever they could wish for to live happily for the rest of their lives. What was the point of buying more and more stuff like that?

As always, it felt like Hongjoong could read his thoughts because even before San could open his mouth he was already saying: "I know you're busy and that you wish you were somewhere else, but we have to attend this. Your family is one of the most important in the Seoul underworld. Your father can't attend and you know it, so I beg you be wise enough and behave!" San just huffed annoyed, "Buy something that will make you look powerful all right? And then we leave, I promise" concluded Hongjoong handing to San a white fan with a red string attached.

"Just raise this to make your offer, I'm sure there will be a damn object that will catch your attention. And don't give me that look for fuck sake, San-ah"

"Fine!" he just answered crossing his arms and pouting as much as he could.

He knew Hongjoong had a point so he didn't fight back and just waited. Soon the lights went off and the crowd went silent. San was about to get used to the darkness when a bright spotlight enlightened a section of the stage in front of him. A tall young man was standing there, smiling to his public. The light blue microphone in his hand slowly rising to his lips before he spoke.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I know you're impatient to start so I won't let you wait much longer. I hope you're ready to raise your hands for the amazing prices we're offering tonight. So let's start with the first one" he paused and made a gesture towards the section of the stage still lingering in the dark, it didn't take long before a young woman dressed in an eleborate gown adorned with ribbons and pearls appeared in front of the crowd. The host held her by the waist before he spoke again.

"So beautiful, isn't it? The only one of its kind since it's the only example of the collection. No other dresses like this were made. The luxury of the Renaissance style mixed with a touch of vintage. As you can see the gown was sewed in a very –"

"What do you think of this one?" asked Hongjoong catching San attention, "I'm sure we can get it if you like it"

San raised his eyebrow, "And what use can we make of a woman dress? Unless you have a kink that I didn't know of and you want to buy it for Seonghwa-hyung" he teased.

Hongjoong face became bright red before he lightly slapped San's head, "Pretend I didn't say anything!" he growled behind his teeth looking back at the stage.

The dress was quickly sold for a few millions and the auction went on. Many items came on stage, starting from jewels, technology pieces that San couldn't even understand, paintings, expensive guns and so on. But nothing really caught his attention and Hongjoong was getting every minute more pissed repeating that they couldn't leave with empty hands. San was about to start over with their fight when the host spoke again, his voice wasn't as loud as before, but there was a tense vibration hiding behind his words that got San's attention.

"And now brace yourself for the most precious jewel of this auction. Oh, I'm sure that also those of you who had attented more of these events will be surprised. We don't usually sell this kind of items. Well, there's not much to describe here, I'm too excited to show you so... Bring him in!" he shouted.