Six.

They hadn't known each other for long, it had been just a few months since Wooyoung had stumbled into his life. Then why did he feel so much?

San couldn't stop thinking about the boy. The shaking body wiggling between his arms as he sobbed soaking San t-shirt with tears. San didn't say a word, he couldn't. He just held Wooyoung, drawing soothing circles on his back, holding his breath every time his palm bumped into the outline of his scars, perceptible even through the thick fabric of his sweater.

He let the younger bury his face on his chest, he let him get out all his sorrow until he fell asleep. San had never seen Wooyoung so vulnerable, so small and fragile, breaking down just because of a small show of affection. Did he know how much more he deserved? Did he know how precious he was? San could feel his heart break into million pieces as he kept that defenseless body close to his. Shielding it, trying to protect it from all the pain the world had caused him.

When the night before he had left him on his bed, cuddled next to Shiber, San couldn't help but keep staring at the innocent face. Lips slightly parted, finally even breaths leaving that perfect mouth. He wished he could have stayed. He wished he could have just layed down on the mattress and take the puffy dog place, arms entangled around Wooyoung's small body, surrounded by his sweet porfume, listening to his breathing until he had drifted away too.

He wished, but he couldn't.

He perfectly knew that Wooyoung had let go just because of the alcohol in his blood. After the previous night he understood far too well! He knew how scared and traumatized Wooyoung was. How could he blame he? After all he had to live San was surprised that he was still hanging in there, with ups and downs, but willing to try again. Wooyoung was strong but he knew he couldn't step over the invisible boundary that he had set, not until he was ready. But that was okay because he was willing to wait. For Wooyoung, he was willing.

But still, when San woke up that morning he hoped to see the younger in the dining room. He hoped to find him cooking something delicious, physically and mentally recovered. But when he walked inside the room was still empty. No sounds coming from the kitchen either. He drank his coffee patiently waiting, thinking, until he heard the front door opening. Hongjoong and Seonghwa voices becoming audible after a while. San had to recover from his line of thoughts and a cheerful smile appeared on his face when the two boys walked into the same room.

"Good morning lovebirds! How was your night?"

Seonghwa blushed and fixed his turtleneck coughing before he answered, "Good! We had fun!"

Hongjoong smirked in his direction, "Yeah, we did!" but almost immediately he turned to San, face serious once again, "I didn't expect you to be ready! Mingi called me last night, we need to check something in Itaewon, he told me that there's a new club that opened just a few weeks ago, it's called Paradise, Mingi payed a visit on our behalf and apparently the general manager refused to collaborate. I guess it's better if we go talk to him" San didn't like the emphasis on the last few words but just nodded.

"Just give me a minute" he knew he couldn't leave like that or he wouldn't be able to think about anything else for all day, "I want to check on Wooyoung first, then we can go"

Seonghwa eyes blew wide, "Check on him? What happened? Where is he? Did he hurt himself?"

"Hyung, he's fine!" San chuckled, "He just had a little bit too much to drink last night and I want to make sure he's good" he wouldn't tell Seonghwa about Wooyoung confession, about his past, about his scars, especially the invisible ones, but he couldn't completely lie either.

"You let him get drunk?" Seonghwa almost choked on the coffee he had just served himself.

"Are you his mother or what?" Hongjoong chuckled getting San's back and sparing him an annoying discussion with the older, "He's not a baby, Hwa! Let the poor guy be, and you, go and come back fast before we get late!"