[five] the other side of the door

CHAPTER FIVE.
the other side of the door.

"Fate is not satisfied withinflicting one calamity

inflicting one calamity."
     — Roman author, Pubilius Syrus

THE LATE HOURS of the night was when the guilt always found a way itching into Rory's mind. When her family came itching into her mind.

Perhaps it was because everything slowed down at night, because it was more peaceful than the day which was always remained hectic. Either way, no matter the circumstances of the night, no matter the weather, her family was always on her mind.

It was a constant ache in her heart, a pool of memories, both good and bad. There was laughter she didn't want to forget, late night conversations she wished to forever cherish in her heart. But there were other things too. Things which resulted in feelings of guilt, regret, grief, sadness and anger. Unable to control her mind, questions began to flood her mind.

When was the last time Rory's mom had uttered the words she so needed to hear? That she loved her enough to fight to stay alive? But then again, the whole thing was a double-sided coin, so was Rory's anger regarding the matter even justified? Because when was the last time she asked her mom to stay?

It made Rory's heart ache more, for a double-edged knife always did twice as much damage.

She thought she was over it, but it seemed as though the resent events had caused her end back on square one.

Not to mention, as of yet, the night had been quite eventful: Embarrassing herself in front of Dean and Sam Winchester, then running away said Winchester and somehow ending up in their motel room where Castiel suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

Which, ultimately, had led to Rory sitting on the bathroom floor, her back leaning against the door while her legs were stretched out in front of her.

Rory did her best to ignore the pounding of her heart, but it was completely ineffective. She was already too self-conscious about the beating of her heart, the fingertips from one of her hands tapping the floor anxiously.