(PhantomHero) Surprise At The Parade

HAPPY PRIDE MONTH!!
I'm gonna try to do a pride one shot with every ego ship that I have, but I can't promise I'll succeed, because I have to study for my last test week at school and I really need to try my best for that.

But let's make this first pride one shot a veerryyyy silly hero x villain shot!

.
.
.

"You sure you want to go like this?" Chase asked, a bit worried.

"Yea, I am." Jackie replied. He stood in front of the mirror in his room at the Septic Manor, admiring his hero suit. Marvin had used magic to let the suit have rainbow straps on the sleeves and sides of the leg pipes. The mask wasn't just the usual dark blue, but the boy love gay flag, and instead of his blue cape, Jackie wore a trans flag around him.

"But there are a lot of people that aren't.... Really supportive, you know?" Chase reasoned. "I don't want you getting hurt. Not physically, and not mentally. I think it's very brave and all, but..... You get what I mean."

Jackie nodded, turning around to face his brother. "I do. But I know that majority of the city is supportive. If people were to try and hurt me, I know how to defend myself, also mentally. It's the perfect timing now, too. It's pride month! The city has to know who their local superhero truly is at some point, right? And what's a better time than now, also because I've gained the courage?"

"I guess you're right..." Chase mumbled.

"You guys ready to go?" Marvin peeked into Jackie's room. "The parade isn't too far from starting now. Anti and Blank have already gone, and Phantom is waiting near the plaza."

"We're ready." Jackie said, hopping out of his room pretty enthusiastically.

Chase walked over to Marvin and sighed.

"Still worried?" Marvin asked, leaning his head against Chase's shoulder.

"Yes... I know he's technically older than me, but like- I can't help but fear for what people might do to him." Chase explained.

"You're probably thinking too much about the bad things." Marvin said, looking up at his slightly taller boyfriend. "It's going to be way better than you think. There are shit tons of people at pride trying to express themselves. Hell, even we are going, and you're not afraid of something happening to yourself?"

"No." Chase huffed. "Because I'm not as well known as Jackie. He's the hero of Brighton. I'm just a small influencer and an alter ego of this way bigger YouTuber."

"You know you're much more than that. Now let's get going." Marvin said, leading Chase downstairs.

- - -

Jackie stood on top of a small building that was built at the city's plaza. He watched as Phantom was down on the ground, sitting on the ground as he was waiting with pride flags in his arms.

It'd look weird to anyone else, but both Phantom and Jackie knew exactly what they were doing.

After a short while, Phantom suddenly stood up and prepared himself to jump away from the building he was hiding behind to expose himself to the public.

Jackie looked a little further away from Phantom to see the pride parade nearing the plaza.
The "crime scene" was just about to happen.
The hero stood low as he watched Phantom jump into vision of the people at the front of the parade, surely startling them.