FIVE: Hair bleach.

Stan stood in the dimly lit bathroom, holding a bottle of bleach in his hand. He had made a rash decision to dye his hair, and now he was stuck with this task. He had no idea what he was doing, and it showed. The dye had been splattered all over his sink and counter, and he had gotten bleach all over himself. His hair looked streaky and uneven."Jesus Christ, dude." He laughed nervously.

"Do you need help?" Kyle snickered, wiping bleach off the counter with a rag. "Of course not!" Stan snapped. He was too embarrassed to admit that he needed help. He was determined to prove he could do this alone, even if it meant his hair would be messed up for weeks.

Kyle laughed and put on some gloves and messed with Stan's hair. "Give me the bleach bottle." "Fine, fine, you can have it." Stan growled, tossing the bottle over to him. He wasn't happy about Kyle helping him, but he was too desperate to get his hair fixed to argue.

Kyle laughed and moved around Stan's hair, putting in the bleach. "Jesus dude. If I weren't here, you would have the patchy-est hair ever." 

"I would have figured it out." Stan said stubbornly. He was embarrassed by how bad his hair looked, but he didn't want to admit that he was completely lost. "I don't need your help." Kyle smiled and rolled his eyes, continuing to bleach Stan's hair. "Sure you don't."

Stan grumbled but let Kyle bleach his hair without any more fuss. He hated that Kyle was right, but he appreciated the help. As Kyle ran his hands through Stan's hair, he couldn't help but notice how gentle his touch was. 

He was careful with Stan in such a tender manner. Aaaand he threw up in his mouth. Not wanting Kyle to notice, he swallowed it back down, his face scrunching up. Gross. Just... Gross. Why does this keep happening? 

 It's like every time I feel happy around Kyle I throw up. It's almost like how I was around Wendy when I first started feeling things for her. That's absolutely impossible for Kyle. 

 I would know for SURE if I liked him. Just like I knew with Wendy. It's probably something entirely different. I'm not homophobic or anything, but I think if I kissed a boy I'd kill myself. It's just totally weird.  

"You good, dude? You look super grossed out." Kyle looked at Stan's reflection and snickered. "Uh, I'm fine." Stan responded quickly. He had almost vomited again, but managed to keep it down. "I just don't like the smell of the bleach." "Oh, alright." Kyle looked back at Stan's hair and continued bleaching it. "If your hair turns yellow I will dye of laughter." Kyle said jokingly and laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, very funny." Stan said sarcastically, pretending to be annoyed at Kyle's joking. In reality, he was grateful for Kyle's lightheartedness. It was making the whole situation more bearable, considering that the bleach was starting to burn on his scalp.

Kyle finished bleaching Stan's hair and played with it. "Alright I'm done bleaching it. Set a timer for 20 minutes." Kyle stopped playing with Stan's hair and took off the plastic gloves, throwing them away.

Stan set the timer for 20 minutes and stood up, grateful to be done with the whole situation. He was starting to regret his decision to bleach his hair, but it was too late to do anything about it now. He just hoped the final result would be worth all of his trouble.

"What do you wanna do while the bleach sits?"

"I don't know. Anything." Stan said distractedly, not really interested in doing anything in particular. He just wanted to wait for the timer to go off so he could rinse his hair and be done with it.

Kyle got out his phone and started playing random mobile games on his phone, trying to pass the time. He decided to try and make conversation while playing a game on his phone, "Why did you want to bleach your hair anyway?" He questioned, not moving his gaze away from his phone.

"Uh... Well-" Stan started to speak, but then stopped and cleared his throat. He didn't want to admit the real reason he had wanted to bleach his hair. "I just... wanted something different." He said finally, trying to think of a believable reason for his impulsive decision.In reality, he was starting to really hate how he looked. He had never been the most confident person, but now his self-esteem was truly starting to shatter. He was constantly comparing himself to others and felt like he was falling behind in all aspects of his life. Maybe that's why Wendy had left him. Bleaching his hair was a desperate attempt to feel a little more confident and attractive.

"Well bleaching your hair is something suuuuuuper different, so it's probably gonna take a while to get used to it." Kyle put his phone down and looked in the mirror and started to play with his hair. Kyle frowned and put his hands on his hair as if to flatten it.

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Stan said, looking at himself in the mirror. He was trying to picture what he would look like after the bleach was rinsed out, but it was hard to know what to expect. He was starting to feel worried about how the end result would look.He looked up in the mirror, noticing Kyle's frown.What's up with him?

Kyle continued messing with his hair and sighed. Stan looked at Kyle and noticed his agitated demeanor. "Is everything okay?" He asked, concerned.

Kyle continued messing with his hair, "Yeah." He said quietly. Stan looked at Kyle and noticed how he was staring in the mirror, fiddling with his curly hair. "Your hair looks good, man," he said, trying to reassure him. ...You look good. 

Kyle sighed. "Are you sure? I just- I don't know." "It looks amazing." A faint nausea built in his stomach again. "It suits you. I don't think I could imagine you with any other hair." Kyle turned to Stan and smiled. "Thank you." 

Stan felt his face warm as he nodded. "Of course, dude." The timer went off and startled him out of his now overwhelming dizziness and he nearly fell over. "AH-" "Oh shit- Are you gonna need help washing your hair out?" "Uh- I don't know?" He shrugged. "I guess."

"Alright," Kyle walked to the shower and grabbed the shower head. "Put your head over the bath tub." Stan did as Kyle said and put his head over the bathtub. The bleach made his hair feel tingly and uncomfortable, and he was eager to rinse it out. Kyle turned the water on and sat on the edge of the bathtub, rinsing Stan's hair out.