Chapter 1: Knew You From the Start

Something about concert days made you incredibly happy. Especially Stray Kids concert days, despite this being the first time you're attending one in person. Maybe the joy is being on vacation or the fact that you're all dolled up and, for once, feeling like you look amazing.

You look into the mirrored wall of the hotel elevator as you step in, and you allow yourself to do one last onceover of your outfit and makeup. You didn't go all out or anything, just a little concealer and foundation, some mascara, a small wing of eyeliner. Enough to make yourself happy and feel comfortable in your skin again.

The elevator dings as it passes another floor and you smooth a hand over the side of your skirt. You peer over in the mirror, taking in your form. Taking in the black half skirt, half shorts bottom you chose. The black crop top with straps wrapping around your exposed midsection. The knee high black socks and black shin-high high heel leather boots. The oversized half red, half black streetwear jacket you threw on top of it. All adorned with a few silver chains on your belt loops, some rings, a pair of dangly earrings.

Even your hair has only a few curled pieces, where most falls to your back in your half-up, half-down styling.

Overall you're pretty happy with the final look. Even so, you can't help but chuckle at how similar you and Chan are when it comes to your black clothing preferences. I guess I can't be that critical of the man when I'm just as bad about adding in anything else, you think to yourself. Maybe we'll see some color from him today?

Feeling like an eternity had passed, the elevator makes a final ding and the doors open up to the bustling lobby. You have to stop yourself from skipping out, more than ready to grab a bite to eat before heading to the concert venue. You're not gonna miss anything if you can help it.

You only make it halfway through the large room when you notice an old woman pleading with a bellboy to your left, her frail arms shaking as she asks him something you can't quite hear.

The bellboy only shakes his head in response. With a quick glance to the time, you pocket your phone in your cross-body bag and walk up to them.

"Ma'am you didn't pay for our cart service. I can't help you," you hear the bellboy say. "This is as far as I go."

The woman opens her mouth to respond but you step up beside her, turning to the man still holding possessively onto the cart. "What seems to be the problem here?"

Pushing aside his initial surprise, he simply nods to the old woman. "She didn't pay for the cart service so I can't help her take her bags to her room. Nothing I can do."

You can feel anger building up inside of you almost immediately. "Sir, you see her age right? You seriously can't spare a few minutes to help her? Out of the kindness of your heart?" He just shrugs, uncaring, and you refrain from gritting your teeth knowing it'll ruin your previously joyful mood. "Fine, lend us the cart for a minute and I'll help her and return the cart to you."

"Can't do that either. Cart stays with me. Now, I've wasted enough time with the both of you." He unloads the old woman's five bags and spares you one last glance. "She's your problem now," he says before walking off, the cart clicking over the tile as he goes.

You hear the old woman sniffle and you turn to her, taking her shaking hands in your own before she can break down completely. "Hey, hey...it's okay. He's an asshole, don't worry about him. I'll help you get your bags to your room."

When she peers up at you with misty eyes, you smile brightly. "We got this. Now can you pull this one with the wheels while I take these other four?"

"O-oh yes, dear. Yes, I can. Thank you. Thank you so much." She fiddles with the crumpled up handkerchief in her hand. "I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't of come along.