Chapter 8: Make Good On Your Promises

All you can say...is that had probably been the fastest self-care session that you can ever remember.

It was a last minute, spur of the moment decision to bring your mini vibrator on this trip, but you had thrown it into your luggage just in case, knowing it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. And after the evening you had absolutely drowning in sexual frustration at the hands--literally--of seven hot as hell men, you definitely needed it.

You can only lay there boneless, enjoying the blissful headspace and lightness of your body that had been wound up tighter than a bow string. Now that you've gotten that out of your system, you've cleaned up, and you're back under the deliciously warm covers, things couldn't be better.

That is, until there's a knock at your door.

You startle, wholly unsure who it is that's outside or why, but your quickly mounting anxiety about any number of things that could be wrong for them to be back here (already after explicit instructions by Lee Know to leave you alone) is working at full-tilt.

You rush to the door but one quick glance through the peephole has your anxiety fading just as fast, not at all expecting what you see.

A second later, you're throwing open the door to reveal I.N, a tray of food balanced in one hand and a sparkling cider of some sort clutched in the other.

"Innie?"

The maknae just grins at you, his gorgeously dark brown eyes light as he raises his occupied hands. "Room service?"

You just roll your eyes and take a step back, letting him into your room. An offer he quickly takes, sauntering in to set down his offerings onto your bedside table.

"You're a sight for sore eyes," you murmur affectionately watching him from across the room where you're leaned up against the wall. "What are you doing here? Hiding away from everyone who's a little too...wound up?"

"I came because I wanted to see you and bring you food as a peace offering. I knew you'd be a bit...worn out." He smirks when he sees your cheeks surely redden. But his gaze stays light. "I'd be lying if I said avoiding them and their issues wasn't an added benefit though. Is...there any way I can stay here tonight?"

You can almost spot the exact moment his face contorts, softening. Lips pushing into a pout and eyes widening slightly with his upturned gaze settled on you. How anyone would be able to resist that puppy-dog look, you don't know. And you certainly aren't one of them. Like you would say no anyway. At least this saves you the trouble of confronting him later about the state of things between the two of you, although from his ever-present smile and the discernable ease in the air, you'd say everything is just fine. Not that you won't still check in with him on it later.

"Alright Mr. Fox, you can stay," you pretend to concede as you stalk back over to your bed to sit down. "But only if there's dessert hidden somewhere under the lid of that tray," you say as you eagerly eye the platter he brought with him.

He's grinning at you in response, popping the top of it to reveal a surprisingly still steaming meal, and a plate of something resembling a cheesecake in the corner, drizzled with enough fruit syrup and chocolate that you can practically taste it already. The sight alone has you nearly drooling.

"Boy do you know the way to my heart," you murmur, making grabby hands toward the tray, your stomach grumbling. You hadn't even noticed you were hungry with everything going on before, but now that you're catching a whiff of whatever it is he brought you, you're downright famished, just like I.N knew you would be. The sweet boy.

"Yeah, the same way to all my hyung's hearts," he mutters as he hands the plates over to you without question, his smirk never fading. And you don't hesitate to dig into the dish, you're eyes fluttering shut at the flavors singing on your tongue.