Chapter 3: Let the Show Begin

Just like Nim told you to, you find your way toward the already forming crowd outside in front of the stadium. And as you come within range and you hear the excited squeals that emanate from all the girls, you find yourself agreeing wholeheartedly that it's safest for the boys if you just enter the venue like everyone else.

You'd rather not risk causing an uproar and, honestly, you don't mind getting this taste of the true concert experience. Especially because it means being able to interact with so many other Stays. Although, you don't know how you can possibly keep track of everything you know now that you have to keep a secret.

God, how do they do this all the time?

Felix said you would get use to it, but you don't think you ever will. This has been their life for years now. This has only been your reality for, what, a day?

So you continue your way onward until you hit the edge of the crowd, taking up a spot a little ways away so you don't bother anyone with getting too close. But at least you'll be able to catch up quickly when the lines start moving.

Unable to help it, you glance around at the growing horde of people waiting with you. At the diversity of Stray Kids' fans. Their joy. Their dedication. The time and effort they've put into their outfits or the signs they carry with them.

"Baby Bread" seems to be a common message amongst the wealth of posters. Right along with a "Daddy Toast" variation.

Kim Seungmin, we have In N' Out...

AbRacha please, we need our chocolate bar fix...

Butt-hunting tally...

Changbin, do you have a concealed carry permit for those guns?...

Which can't you live without Hyunjin? 1) Flour 2) Felix...

When's the wedding Minsung?...

Chuckling, you snap a quick picture of each of them to send to the boys. Then you snap a selfie, holding up a finger heart with the crowd in the background too. You want at least a few pictures to look back on. And at least one with you in it to prove you were actually here.

But what truly gets your attention are the recreations.

Countless Stays went out of their way to personally make the outfits from various MV's or standout performances. You recognize many of the boys' outfits from God's Menu. Then there's Lee Know's Tiger Inside performance. I.N's Maknae On Top. All the variations from Maxident. Hyunjin's Play With Fire and Motley Crew AOTM solos.

You get all but a second of warning before a loud commotion manifests up front and quickly spreads, passing you and continuing through the throngs of Stays. And when you glance toward where it started, you notice the doors to the arena are finally open.

Your heart speeds up at the sight. The anticipation floods through your veins with all the force of a tsunami and the smile that finds its way to your lips is one that can't be helped. You may have just been with the kids not twenty minutes ago and you may have already seen part of the performance that's to come but this is what you were telling the boys. This...this is the concert experience.

Following everyone else, you join the forming line as people come together to make their way through ticketing. But with the line being so long, you know it's gonna take a while before you make it inside to find your seat, so you pull up the group chat on your phone--for the first time--and send off the pictures you took. Not including the one of yourself, after a quick mental debate.

It doesn't take long for their responses to start pouring in.