I Get Thrown In The Slammer

"Hey, greenie, get up," I opened my eyes to see that I was still in the dead heads. I looked up confused at who's hand was on my shoulder. Chuck looked back at me smiling. " What a dumb idea, sleeping in the dead heads," I stood up. Did i dream what had happened last night. " Hey Chuck," I stood there akwardly for a moment. "What time is it?" I asked him walking out of the graveyard. " It's about 7.I would have woken you sooner but I couldn't find you, Newt told me that he'd seen you walk this way," So i had dreamed it. I has to admit, I was dissapointed. "Has he been acting weird to you?" I asked him once we'd made it back out into the glade. Chuck shrugged. "Newt's pretty weird," Was all he said. "You're one to talk," I joked and he laughed back sarcastically."ha ha," he said.

I ate my breakfast and headed to my next job, Minoh and Alby had left already to look for the dead griever. Newt wasn't there at breakfast, not like I cared though.

The day was going by normally,( as normall as it could get while living in a maze) untill alarms sounded. " That's weird," I heard one of the glaiders say. He ran towards the box, everyone, including me, followed him. " Two in one month, that's pretty weird," Newt walked up and opened the top of the box. " What's he look like?" People from the back shouted. I pushed my way to the front to get a better look. " It's a girl," Newt said. " I think she's dead," And then her eyes opened and she said one thing, "Thomas," and her eyes rolled back into her head. Everyone looked at me. " She has a note," Newt held it up and read it. " She's the last one ever," We all looked around. " What does that mean?" Some of the glaiders ignored the note and called dibs on the girl. " Nobody touches her! Get the med-jacks!" some of the glaiders ran to find the med-jacks, and not long after two boys came. Newt looked at me while they examined her, but when I looked at him he turned away. " I think she's in a comma," They finally said. " Come on, we need to get her inside," Newt looked up like he'd just remembered something. " Everyone back to work! Thomas, I want to speak to you," I stopped in my tracks and sighed. I was hoping he wouldn't say that.

" What?" I asked him when he was ready to " speak to me." Newt rolled his eyes," I think you bloody know what," I did but I didnt say anything. " Look, that girl recognized you, do you recognize her?" I thought hard about what the girl looked like. " No," I said. " I don't," Newt sighed. " If you remeber anything, Anything, I want you tell me. Promise?" he had both hands on my shoulders. "Look I-" Newt cut me off. " Promise me, Tommy," I knew he wouldn't let up. " I promise," He smiled and ruffled my hair. " Good that. Now get back to work," He didn't say a thing about our talk last night.

The day passed by, Minoh and Alby still hadn't come back. " Do you think they'll make it?" I asked Newt as we stood by the West door. " No, the doors wil be closing soon," He said sadly and walked away.thedoors had begun closing now. "Newt!" I called seeing Minoh carrying Alby. I ran forwards to help them. "Thomas!" Newt ran towrads us.Newt and Minoh made it back inisde the glade but the doors where too close togather for me to fit though. " Thomas!" Newt called from the other side. I staired at him as he ran towards me. Barely slipping though the small gap. " Are you stupid?!" He yelled at me. " What? I wasn't going to leave them to die!" Newt ran a hand though his hair. "No, you've just gotten us killed!" I looked at him angry. "You got yourself killed! I never told you to come running in after me!" I was angry now that he had ran after me. "Whatever," He said sliding down one of the walls. "What are you doing?" I asked him looking around at ways we could survive the night. Running wouldnt be a good option becouse of Newt's limp, but maybe we could climb the walls.

"What's it look like I'm doing?" He asked. "We can't just give up," I told him scouting the walls and pulling on some of the vines. Just then a red light illuminated the dark. "Come on," I told Newt grabbing his arm. "We're going to die anyway," he said running with me. "Just shut up," I told him turning a corner. The griever didn't turn with us and kept on running. "Your bleeding," Newt said examining my leg. I hadn't even noticed until then " yeah," i said as four more grievers pilled into the corridor we where in. " crap," I said turning to run. "I have an idea," newt said taking the lead.