Escape Plans

I woke up to screaming. "What the bloody hell is going on out there?!" I could barely hear Newt scream from the cell beside me. "Hey!" I yelled at someone running past but they didn't stop. A few seconds later a griever ran by the window. "Grievers?" Newt said in confusion. "How did they get in?" I didnt answer his question. Alby swooped by quickly and let us out. "This is probably the best place to stay, but we need you," He took off for the homestead without even waiting for our responce. We shot off after him. "How did they get in?" I asked helping block off windows. "The doors didn't shut," I looked at Alby confused. Why would the doors not shut?

"This is all your fault!" Gally screamed at me. "This would have never happened if you'd never had came!" He shoved me into the wall. "Gally, stop!" Gally didnt look away from me. "They're taking one person each night," He said. We all looked at him confused. "What do you-" Gally ripped apart the boards blocking off the windows. "What are you doing?!" I screamed trying to stop him. This is your fault! Gally's words repeated themselves in my head. Maybe he's right. A griever out side had made its way to us and had grabbed a boy,  whose name I didn't even know. I needed to know. Minoh tried to stop me from running out of the hole left by the griever, but it wasn't enough. I ran untill I was inches from a griever. I flung myself on it. I felt like someone was pushing needles in me all over my body. I rolled untill I found a way to free myslef."Are you bloody crazy, Tommy?!" I recognized the voice as Newt's. "Come on, we need to get him the serum," The voices became harder to recognize. My vision became blurry and then it all just blended into darkness.

I woke up remebering everything that had happened. Why we were here, who had put us here, who'd helped. "Hey," I looked over to see Newt standing in the doorway. "Hi," He walked over to me and sat down beside me. " How long was I out?" I asked him sitting up. "Four days," I rubbed my head. "I remeber-" Newt cut me off. "Wait untill the gathering, you can tell us everything there," I nodded my head and got our of bed. I tried to stand but my head got too dizzy and I almost fell, but Newt caught me. "You should rest some more," He told me, but I shook my head no. "We dont have time to just rest, Newt," He stood now with his arms crossed. "People are dying," I paused. "And it's my fault," His eyebrows where knitted together, like he was thinking hard. "Come on," He lead me towards the door. I knew he was taking me to the gathering. Everyone was sitting in there usuall palces, execpt for Gally, which Newt told me he had gone missing after my stunt. "Alright, tell us what you remember," Everyone turned to me. I took a deep breath. "I helped create this place," I paused waiting for there responce but they said nothing so I continued. "Teresa and I, we were working with the creators against our will. They forced us too," I closed my eyes remebering the computer screens, and blank faces. "I know a way out."

"Do you really think we should belive him? I mean he just told us that he had worked with the creators," Winston pointed out, a few people agreed with him. "It doesn't matter,  our lives before this," Newt said. "What matters is now and what we do now," Nobody said anything. "Where?" Alby asked me. "The cliff, there's a place in the cliff, the griever hole. That's how they get in and out. That's our only way out."It didnt take that much to convince everyone that I was telling the truth, and even then I still didn't think that Alby or Newt or anyone else belived me. But they agreed to it. A few of the Gladers decided to stay behind, but the majority whent. Newt stood beside me, a spear in his hands." Ready?" Newt held a brave face, but his eyes held something different. More than one emotion, and I couldn't tell what they where. I nodded my head. "More than ever," We shot out of the glade and into the maze.