9

'You look beautiful,' Harry blushed.

'Thank you. Is that corsage for me?'

'Um, yes, is it okay to put it on your wrist?'

'Of course.'

Harry's hand shook a little but he was able to slip the corsage onto Daphne's wrist. He still found it hard to believe that the gorgeous Daphne Greengrass was his date to the Yule ball. Tracy was behind them with her date, Blaise Zabini who had greeted Harry, Neville and Luna and he was pleasant. It seems there were a lot more Slytherin's who were nice, it was just Snape and Malfoy that had everyone believe all Slytherin's were evil.

The group walked into the transformed great hall together. Many stopped and stared as everyone in the hall fell silent. Harry Potter, the-boy-who-lived, who had the Slytherin ice princess on his arm. The three boys held out the seats for their dates before they sat down.

'Do you think it was Harry or Daphne that made everyone fall silent?' Neville asked.

'It was both,' Luna said.

'Yes, our own ice princess on the arm of Gryffindor's golden boy,' Blaise said but he was smiling.

'Oh, I'm no golden boy, I assure you.'

'The headmaster doesn't look happy with you Harry. Did you two have a falling out?' Tracy asked.

'I can't stand the headmaster, he's finally figuring it out.'

'We all heard he was grooming you to take over,' Blaise said.

Harry scoffed, 'No, but it also wouldn't happen. I don't trust the old…' Harry never got to finish as Daphne slapped her hand over Harry's mouth but all Harry did was mumble, making the others laugh.

'No swearing.'

'Yes ma'am,' Harry said seriously to Daphne, again making the others laugh.

Many girls glared at Daphne when they found out she was Harry Potter's date. Some boys glared at Harry for being Daphne's date. When Ginny entered with Dean, it took everything in her not to go up and hex Daphne. Hermione had to hold Ron back when he kept yelling that the evil snakes were corrupting Harry. Neville was sitting right there, but no one said anything about him being corrupted. All Harry did was smirk then lent closer to Daphne and whispered in her ear making her laugh. They knew it was going to be a very interesting evening.

What Harry didn't know, Sirius was at that time being questioned by Madam Amelia Bones and two senior aurors. They had first checked to make sure he was the real Sirius Black before he was given veritaserum.

By the end of the Yule ball at Hogwarts, Sirius was officially cleared of all charges. Even the minister finally admitted he was innocent. He changed the kiss on sight order from Sirius Black to Peter Pettigrew. Fudge also had to inform the muggle prime minister so the muggles would know Sirius Black was innocent.

Almost everyone had a great time at the ball. Harry couldn't stop smiling, and even though he spent most of the time on the dance floor with Daphne, and he had never danced before. He was having the best time.

Ginny was furious, she went from glaring at the blond Slytherin to hexing Ron for ruining her chance with Harry. When her date, Dean Thomas heard her, he tipped his drink over her head then walked out of the great hall and returned to Gryffindor tower. Ron wouldn't stop going on about the snakes corrupting Harry and nothing anyone said would change his mind. Hermione gave up trying to tell Ron that not all Slytherin's were evil. But she had also realised that it was her own fault for losing Harry as a friend. The last few weeks had been lonely. When Ron was reading quidditch magazines or playing chess, Hermione would read. Before she used to be able to talk to Harry, and she had enjoyed their conversations, now she was feeling more alone than ever.