10

'Is there anything else you or Miss Daphne needs, Master Harry?'

'No, thank you Dobby, go back to what you were doing before.'

'He looks familiar,' Daphne said as Dobby popped away.

'Used to belong to the Malfoy's until I tricked old man Malfoy into freeing him. It pissed him right off, then he tried to kill me, Dobby saved me. The moment I saw the way that blond peacock was treating Dobby, I knew I had to do something.'

'I used to see it when they had parties, but there was nothing I could do.'

'No, I was just lucky. Anyway, last night was good, I had a great time.'

'So did I, more than I believed I would. To be honest Harry, even though I am not like Malfoy or Parkinson, so I do not have anything against you or anyone else, not unless they do something to me or my friends. You see, I thought if we went together it would upset Malfoy more than if I went with someone else. So even though I did want to get to know you, I knew he would be pissed off.'

'So you weren't just using me?'

'No, I would never do that. I spoke with Tracy last year about how we might get a chance to talk to you. At the time you were always with Granger and Weasley, who we can't stand. We all used to wonder why you hang around them? This had nothing to do with how you are thought of, we both believed you looked like an interesting person.'

'It's a long story how Hermione, Ron and I became friends, which I can tell you later if you want. But why would who you went to the ball with upset Malfoy when he has his little bitch, Parkinson?'

'Malfoy keeps hinting that one day I would be his, even if he has to force me. There are a lot of old traditions that can force two people together. My parent's would never agree to that but for all we know there could be some old type of debt that my family owes the Malfoy's. I explained to my father, so he has been speaking with portraits and going through old documents. So far he hasn't found anything that could force me to be with him. We all believe he's bluffing, but we're also worried as we know Lucius Malfoy was a death eater and death eaters used to rape and torture young girls, for fun. I make sure to stay right away from Malfoy and his goons. I also figured if I could become friends with you, or maybe more, it would help. But only halfway through last night I realised that I liked you and was having a good time.'

Harry cautiously took Daphne's hand, 'Well, in that case, would you be my girlfriend?'

'Yes,' Daphne smiled then she was being kissed. Both didn't have any experience, so they were learning as they snogged.

Harry and Daphne decided to leave the room and find their friends. They wanted Neville, Luna, Tracy and Blaise to hear about their newly formed relationship before rumours started.

They just got to the fourth floor when the two Slytherin's, one Gryffindor and one Ravenclaw was hurrying towards them. Tracy was holding a copy of the Daily Prophet, she shoved it at Harry who looked confused.

'Read it mate, it's good news,' Neville said with a huge smile.

'Sirius Black, cleared of all charges,' Harry read, then went on to read the rest of the story, 'Finally, I get rid of the blasted muggles and get to live with my godfather. No one can make me return to them now, Sirius has the backing of the ministry, including Fudge. But I wouldn't let anyone keep us apart anyone and I know Sirius would do the same.'

'So one of the Blacks is your godfather,' Daphne said.

'Yeah, but my great grandmother was born a Black, Dorea Black. She married Charlus Potter. Sirius told me. Sirius was my father's best friend and best man at their wedding.'