Kabanata 7

Chiara Rea Ty (The President's Daughter) POV

I woke up to the consecutive knocks in my room. I'm still feeling sleepy, so I covered my face with a pillow. I can hear someone calling me outside my room.

"Young lady, the President is waiting for you."

I immediately got up upon hearing what Manang Lolita said outside my room. I grabbed my cellphone to check the time, but what greeted me was Avice's face.

Her face is still on my lockscreen, I always forget to change it. The photo was taken inside her car, she wasn't smiling in the picture but she still looked very beautiful. What am I even saying?

I looked at the time and saw that it was only 6:30 in the morning, why so early? My eyes then fell on the date displayed below the time, causing me to stand up and start to get ready when I saw it.

I almost forgot that today was the first day of school.

After finishing my morning routine and changing into my school uniform, I went downstairs. I found Dad sitting at the long table in the dining room, reading the newspaper while sipping his hot coffee.

"Good morning, dad." I greeted him as I sat to the chair.

He just looked at me before putting down the newspaper he was holding.

"What did you do?" My forehead furrowed upon hearing the question, I was confused.

He handed me the newspaper and so I took it right away. Just upon reading the headline news, my forehead immediately furrowed. It says here that Stanford is retracting their merger with Ty.

"I didn't do anything." I told him and put down the newspaper.

"I know that you don't wanna be married to Zoren, so tell me what did you do?" His tone was running out of patience. However, I really don't know how it happened, so I just shrugged my shoulders and started to eat.

"I'm still talking to you Chiara."

"Dad, I don't really know okay? Why don't you ask the Stanford's? I still have class, I'm leaving."

I lost my appetite, so I stood up to leave and went to school. I heard him call out to me, but I didn't look back and just continued walking to leave.

I was driving on my way to school when my phone rang, it displayed Alessia's name. I have no plans on answering it so I cancelled the call.

I saw black cars tailing me from my rearview mirror, it was probably my bodyguards. Tss, I already told Dad that I don't want it when I'm in school but he's really stubborn, saying it's for my protection. I don't even need protection, I can perfectly handle myself.

I got out from my car the moment I finished parking it inside the university's parking lot.  Naglalakad na ako papunta building ng Engineering nang muling may tumawag saaking cellphone.

It was Alessia, what does she need?

Dahil mukang wala itong balak na huminto kakatawag hanggat hindi ko nasasagot ang tawag niya ay sinagot ko na ito.

"Bitch! What took you so long?!" Agad kong nailayo ang cellphone saaking tainga ng sigaw niya ang bumungad saakin.

"The fuck?! I was driving!"

"You can answer your phone even though you're driving!" I rolled my eyes, I don't answer phone calls when I'm driving though sometimes it depends on my mood.

" What do you need? " Tanong ko na lamang rito dahil baka mas lalo pang humaba ang aming pag-uusap.

" Do you know who's the new owner of Stanford University? " I furrowed my brows.