[002]

-002COME DOWN

-002
COME DOWN

𝘋𝘌𝘊𝘌𝘔𝘉𝘌𝘙 3𝘳𝘥 2012
8:09 𝘗𝘔 𝘎𝘖𝘛𝘏𝘈𝘔 𝘊𝘐𝘛𝘠

𝘚𝘏𝘖𝘜𝘛𝘚 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘉𝘈𝘙𝘒𝘐𝘕𝘎 could be heard through the streets as Rio lazily swung herself through the window of a fifth floor apartment. The room she had entered was dimly lit by a candle that was slowly waning. She blew it out before opening the door and being immersed by smoke.

Rio sighed to herself, playing it off as a soft laugh, "when did you start doing pot again?"

A woman's body was lazily draped over a stained black couch. "Mmm whenever I feel like it babes," she turned over to face the girl, coughing after she spoke.

"And you didn't invite me? Shame, thought we were friends," Rio placed a bag of groceries in the crowded kitchen. Take-out boxes and dirty cereal bowls littered the counter, "Harley been here recently? Thought she was off doing her 'gang shit' or whatever she likes to call it."

"You know I don't deal with minors. And she stopped by a few night ago. Who you think I got the drugs from?" the woman nodded to the coffee table in front of her that was littered with ziploc bags. Some were open, some were empty, and some had their assets seeping from them.

Rio removed her hoop earrings from her ears and placed them on the dining table, immediately turning to the sink to do the dishes. "Kid, you ain't gotta do that," Rio ignored the woman's exasperated sigh into the fluff of a pillow.

Selina Kyle had not been in a good place. A few months back, she had been busted, processed, and sent to Arkham. She came back different. Rio hated it. It left a sour taste on her tongue to even think about. She gave no fucks about people doing drugs, drinking, murdering; hell she had done all of it herself. But Selina. Selina was the one person who stayed clean most of the time in the crime world for as long as Rio had known her. She lived for herself, and did everything to make sure she was at her best. If there was anyone Rio wanted to be, it was her.

Rio finished feeding the cats before looming over the couch to look down at the woman. She was not high on just pot. She had a little bit of drool staining the crevices of her mouth, her face had random colors on it, and her hair was matted. There was a question that peaked Rio's interest on when the last time Selina showered was. She shoved her hands into her gray jacket, scanning the room before looking back down at Selina. She leaned over the couch, whispering in the ear of the woman dozing off, "the litter box needs to be dumped."

"Oh shit the cats," Selina sat up, scratching the top of her head, "you feed them?"

"Yeah, but this place reeks, Selina," the whole apartment had a rotten allure of drugs, piss, alcohol, and discarded food, "you should've called me last week. I would've come to help you."